• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

outlook

Started by ahopeter, January 20, 2004, 12:33 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

ahopeter

is it possible to change my outlook expresses email address?  verizon automatically set up a new email account for me under their company and i wanted to make it into my yahoo account.  thanks
i'm just another helpless noob without Poasters.  i appreciate the help everyone...thank you!!!

Mark H

Yes.

You have to go to the tools menu and then select accounts. click on the mail tab on the resulting screen. select your email address and then click the properties button. From there you can change your email address.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

ahopeter

where should i be doing all this,,,inside ofoutlook? or explorer?  because i cant find "accounts" or "mail" anywhere? please help this is driving me insane!!!!
i'm just another helpless noob without Poasters.  i appreciate the help everyone...thank you!!!

Mark H

It would be inside of outlook. Once I get home, I will double check what I told you to make sure the steps are correct.

Mark H

ahopeter

your the best Mark H., i really appreciate it.

Mark H

Are you using the free Yahoo hotmail accounts or are you using the Yahoo email account that has an annual fee?

You can't download email from the free Yahoo email account into an email program like Outlook Express. You have to have the Yahoo service that has a fee.

If you are paying for your email address at Yahoo, then as I mentioned before, you need to open Outlook Express and then go to tools and select accounts (it might be email accounts). You then select the mail tab and then the properties button. It is here that you can change your email address.

You will need to set up the following information:Some of the information might be on another tab like server or something.

I can't be more specific because I use Outlook 2002 instead of Outlook Express.

Mark H

ahopeter

thanks...but im using the free yahoo...looks like im out of luck.  thanks anyway though.