• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

webpage saving

Started by ahopeter, October 01, 2004, 22:22 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

ahopeter

hello gentlemen... question, i want to save a webpage from ebay for an item.  i cant just bookmark it cause in 30 days the page expires and so does the content in the bookmark.  is there anyway to save it? in a folder? anything?
i'm just another helpless noob without Poasters.  i appreciate the help everyone...thank you!!!

Buffalo2102

I think you can just select File-->Save As (in IE) and save it as an html file.  Alternatively, you can save as a text file which will omit all of the icons/graphics.
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

ahopeter

really? but will it be altered when the site updates? thanks!
i'm just another helpless noob without Poasters.  i appreciate the help everyone...thank you!!!

Buffalo2102

No, it won't be altered when the web page updates.

Just browse to the page you want to save and select File-->Save As.  Then choose Web Page Complete and save it to My Documents or wherever.

You can try it and then disconnect your internet connection.  Open a new browser session, choose File-->Open and point to the saved web page.
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.

ahopeter

Thanks Buffalo! worked perfectly!

Buffalo2102

No problem.  Thanks for letting me know - it's nice to know when I have been able to help someone.