• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Is there a way to delete individual entries from my autocomplete list ?

Started by hoosier, January 09, 2009, 12:59 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

hoosier

I know how to turn on or off the autocomplete feature in Explorer 6.0, but is there a way to delete individual entries from my autocomplete list without affecting the rest of the list ?

pat

I rarely use IE anymore, but you used to be able to just highlight (put mouse pointer over) the entry you wanted to delete and press the delete key.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Chandler

This must be the most obvious thing ever, but I too never knew it until somebody else pointed it out to me.  It must be a case of being so straightforward and obvious that we don't think of it.  ;)

hoosier

Maybe I don't understand exactly what you are doing to delete an individual entry. Right clicking on an entry does not bring up the "delete" option for me.

pat

Just mouse over and when the entry you want is highlighted, press the delete key on the keyboard.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

hoosier

Thanks Pat. I so seldom use those far-right hand keys, I had never noticed the delete key there. Works just fine.