• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

SANTA'S NUTS. WE'RE OUTTA HERE

Started by Ace, December 22, 2004, 12:22 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

Sorry to not eat, and run, but we just got called back to work.  Thought we were pretty well set for this year, what with the outsourcing (see poast below) and busting our little elf humps in the pre-holiday production crunch.  BUT it seems old lardpants just got a "brainstorm" for a Christmas gift, and we gotta go and crank the dang things out pronto... Hopefully there are enough lazy so and so's out there to be able to shop for the dang things at this late date.  Right now engineering is working out the design details, and we're getting the machinery set up.

When I heard about it, honestly, I was taken aback... I mean, there've been some pretty strange and senseless really popular Christmas products, through the years.  Big Sellers.  Really, no rhyme or reason, sometimes... Pet rocks.  The Chia pet garden.  Garden Weasels.  That whole XBox, Playstation phenomenon.  Cabbage Patch Kids.  Tickle the doofus Elmo.  So, after years of working at the Pole, you'd think you'd heard and seen about everything..  But this year's; I don't know.

Well, look for it.  We oughta be cranking the idiot things out, soon enough.  "Toys R Us" can hardly wait.  Geez Louise, I could...  

Here's the deal: apparently, Santa's big epiphany is for us to make:

Royal Canadian Mounted Monkeys.

I know... that's what we thought, too.  His logic escapes me, sometimes.  Monkeys, dressed as Royal Canadian Mounties.  On horseback.  Full dress uniform.  I guess the Canadian market must be big, this year... Eh!  Heh.  Of course, from what I can tell, they'll buy anything...  Heck, "Rush" seems to still be big, up there.  Besides light bulbs, computer parts...  I mean, I know Canada's a big place, although not all that heavily populated.  And, sure, I guess Canadian stuff could be "popular", to a degree...  Canadian beer's ok.  Hockey, if they had that sort of thing this year, and you're into it.  Canadian Football, although it's weird to have that many people on that big a field.  And Dudley Doright was once popular, although I preferred the flying SQUIRREL!! and moose, myself. So, I don't know, maybe I'm just cynical.  But a dang monkey wearing a red uniform and hat riding a horse...?  Whatever.

Well, we're off to work.  Hi Ho.  Hi Ho.  Stink.  I sure hope this dang mounted monkey thing is gonna be worth it.  I wouldn't bet on it, though.  It's almost like a bad joke.

Have a good holiday. Nice to visit Poasters again, and knock Ace out on his stupid bell-festooned ear.  I guess we can see if we can wake him up; hate to do that to you guys, but I guess he has to be somewhere.  I'd almost put Jesters as a step down from monkeys.  Just above mimes.

But not as low as pandas; geez, nobody likes those.  At least we don't have to manufacture some stinking Royal Canadian Mounted Panda.  I mean, that would just be stupid.

Eldrick; the elf.  "Tiger" to the ladies!  To you, he's... well, Eldrick, the elf.  
Ring bells for service.

Buffalo2102

Monkeys on horseback eh?  Not as original as you would think.  Take a look here (don't bother if you're on dial-up).

http://www.apsv04.dsl.pipex.com/desperado.swf

Not sure about the big red uniform though, it's likely to clash with their rear-ends.
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.