• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

restorefile has viruses, how do i delete all of them

Started by amar52, March 26, 2003, 18:35 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

amar52

HPxl753 pavillion,,128mg, sd ram, 666 mhz, 30gb hd..ok..my problem iwth htis is i need to delete all the restore filesas they have vuruses. and have been told to do so,and this will solve the problem,,machine works ok,,but viruses show in scans,,and HP says to  or  the infected files ,,then if needed run restore disk we dont have?? any ideas how to delete these files?? we recieved many views and to simply delete these bad restore files is thought to be the solution,but we forget how to access them,,i know you go to control panel and then system,,but tehn do what to overide the disability to delete them,,anyone here know exactly what to do, on htis? Any input appreciated,,thanks in advance! david and aldene.running windows ME,( I know,,daughter puter tho)!!

dcsun

I'm not really sure what the question is here.  Any decent antivirus package that finds a virus in the files should also be able to repair or delete them.  If yours can't remove them, it should at least tell you where they're located.

query

Turn off the system restore (system applet - troubleshooting - disable system restore on the filesystem tab).  Then re-scan the drive with your antivirus software.

Turning off the system restore destroys your checkpoints, but at this point, you don't have another option.

amar52

ok! we did and are reid windows completly and works well! thank you!!