• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Beeping keyboard?????

Started by ingeborgdot, September 04, 2007, 21:30 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

ingeborgdot

I built a computer for my sister and sent it to her. I had it and tested it for over 3 weeks and it worked great. I sent it to her and after all was hooked up she said the keyboard beeps every so often. It is the MX 3200 Laser. What could this be. I never heard anything at my place and have never heard anything like that before. She said that it seems to happen if the keyboard gets too close to the monitor. What do you think? Thanks.
Antec P182, Abit IP35 Pro, Q6600, 4GB Crucial Ballistix, Leadtek Winfast PX7900GSTDH, P & C silencer quad 750 watt, 3-Seagate Sata 500, HT Omega Claro, Altec Lansing ADA995 5.1 THX, Digital Doc 5+, 2 Samsung SATA DVD burners, Canopus ADVC50,Vista Ultimate Retail 64 Bit, Vista rating 5.9

Whizbang

The MX 3000 cordless has a beeping system that will let you know if you are pressing the wrong set of keys.  My guess is that it also might send a warning if it is receiving interference that could prevent correct transfer of the keyboard to the computer.  Is the monitor CRT or LCD? 

ingeborgdot

It is the samsung 20" lcd monitor.
Antec P182, Abit IP35 Pro, Q6600, 4GB Crucial Ballistix, Leadtek Winfast PX7900GSTDH, P & C silencer quad 750 watt, 3-Seagate Sata 500, HT Omega Claro, Altec Lansing ADA995 5.1 THX, Digital Doc 5+, 2 Samsung SATA DVD burners, Canopus ADVC50,Vista Ultimate Retail 64 Bit, Vista rating 5.9

Whizbang

I would have been more inclined to expect a CRT.  It could be RF from the monitor power supply that is causing the interference.