• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

FastMail

Started by scuzzy, January 25, 2007, 20:59 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

About 3 months ago, I signed up with FastMail.fm after reading some good reviews about it. There are four options to choose from: one free subscription and three paid. I chose a 1 yr Enhanced subscription so that I could use my own domain name. I will choose the 5 yr renewal next time.

I won't go into too much detail, but suffice it to say that this is a super-high quality email provider. IMAP took a little getting used to, but I'm sold on it 100%. I'll never return to POP3 as my primary mail as long as I have a choice.

FastMail completely smokes all other offerings that I have ever seen, including hotmail, yahoo mail, gmail, godaddy, etc. Nothing comes close. The service remains fast even on dial-up. It's so good that I'm surprised Microsoft hasn't done everything in its power to destroy it.

If you truly care about email done right, then FastMail is the solution you're looking for. At a minimum, I recommend the "Member" subscription if for no other reason than to financially support them. You'll not regret it. They're currently working on a family/business package, which I'm looking forward to taking advantage of.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Mark H

Sounds great! Thanks Scuzzy.

Mark H; Banned is having played an instument in the past. ;D
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.