• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Using CD-R

Started by Albert, March 07, 2004, 15:43 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert

Could anyone tell me how you play a CD that you burned with Windows 98 SE?  And do you need a patch on your blank CD before recording on it?  How do you do this?  Thank you!  

query

Use Windows Media Player, Winamp, MusicMatch, iTunes, or any of a host of other programs to play the CD.

For it to be playable in an audio player, the whole disc must be written as one session, and the session must be finalized.

Albert

Thank you for helping.  What I really want to know is how you play the CD you burned.  Where do you go to play it?  To bring what you recorded up on the computer screen?  What if it's just pictures?  You don't open Windows player to view burned pictures?  Should it open from my computer: M?

query

You can use Windows Explorer to view the files on the disc.

Wade777

If you burned pictures, then just insert the CD into your CDROM drive and double click on the CDROM drive in My Computer.  If you burned a combination of music and pictures, you will not be able to play it on any home stereo equipment (only on your computer.)
Need a custom computer?
Check out my website:
http://www.microhardcomputers.com

pat

After you put in the disk, if it doesn't auto-play just open the program you want to use to view or listen to the files and point to the drive letter of your optical drive.
For instance if it's photos, open MY Computer and click on the dive letter of the optical drive. If music open the music program, select file and open, then select drive letter.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Albert

Thank you!   That's what I needed to know.

Albert