• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

object viewers???

Started by nosewheels, October 04, 2002, 07:01 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

nosewheels

When trying to access some pages I get the following message:

Error locating object handler:

There is no viewer available for the type of object you are trying
to open. The following info is available about this object:

Address of object: .............
Content Type: Application/pdf
Possible location of viewer:  Microsoft Active X Gallery

It then give me the option to go to this location. When I arrive it becomes even less clear as to what I require!

Can any one help please? :-[

Neon

It requires that you have installed Adobe Acrobat Reader to view that file.
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

Joanie

Hey nosewheels,

Welcome to Poasters and thanks for choosing us to help with your computer problem.

Hope neon was able to help you resolve the error message.

Hurry Back,

Joanie

nosewheels

Thanks Neon. I downloaded version 5 a couple of weeks ago and deleted some original files at the same time. I wonder if this had anything to do with it?? I've just download version 5 again and I still have the same problem!! Anymore suggestions would be greatfully received. :'(  

scuzzy

Try uninstalling the program first, then reboot your computer and install it once more.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Mr. E

Try right clicking on the object you want to open then select the open with option.  Tell it to open with adobe acrobat, In the open with box there will be a check box that says open with this program allways.  Select this only if your sure that the files opens with this program.  If you not sure make sure it's not checked and try to open it with acrobat.  If it is succefully opened do the same, right click, open with and check the box.
Hope this helps.

pat

There is also a patch for Acrobat reader version 5.0.5.
Not sure if it pertains to your trouble or not.
See details here.

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

nosewheels

Thanks all,

Re loaded version 5 and seems to have sorted itself out.

Problem solved........ until the next time!!

Thanks again. :)

Joanie

Hey nosewheels,

Now don't go running off and leaving us flat until the next problem.  Come and play in the Poast Office Forum. We need to build up an Army against Ace.

Joanie