• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Recent Posts

Started by 44mayg, January 27, 2004, 18:05 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

Ok. Anyway, back to what Ludd was saying: I can't refer to you as "Wiz" because then that'd be confused with Whizbang possibly and as far as I know you don't have an avatar of a cat being confined in a box somewhere in Arkansas.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

And anyway, you specifically said a monkey reawakened it.  There is no reference to pandas anywhere in your previous message.  

Criminy, everybody knows you don't burn pandas.  That's like pulling up the poison ivy in your yard and piling it up and torching it.  Then standing downwind.  If it hurts to touch it, think of what it's like to inhale it.  It'd be like; "Oh, dear, there's a dead skunk out by the curb in front of the house.  Before it stinks too awfully let's run it through the blender and spread it on the petunias by the walk."

Bleah.  And, yes, Snoopy said that, but so did I.  Sure, Lucy said it.  Charlie Brown said it.  The stupid little yellow bird said it.  As far as I know Charles Schultz said it when he looked over his last strip.  

Ace; they should have left this one dormant, like Mt. St. Hl.Ens.

Ring bells for service.

Bill

No, you're right, there was no reference to pandas in the original, but then, stating the obvious is a blatant violation of the spirit of poasting.  
Why do you supppose all those folks are dreading another eruption;could it be panda stink?

My employment of the generic, slang usage of "monkey" clearly was not intended to imply a primate, but rather,  only a fool.  And in this case, not the Jester.  Who  would awaken a dormant "dead" poast full of dead and gone poasters, particularly before the Night of Ghosts and Goblins and Pumpkins?  An open invitatin for a haunting.
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

So. Now the truth is out.  You tell us you employ a generic monkey.  Criminy, what kind of guy employs a monkey... I don't know if Jacko's even "works"; I thought he just lets it run around.

I suppose an organ grinder would offer employment to a monkey.  You know, it's hard to think of a job more lowly than "jester" but that's getting pretty darn close...

No, not the organ grinder.  The monkey.  

Then, you say you employ a monkey but imply a primate.  I suppose next you'll tell us you apply an orangutang.  Ourangatan.  Hopfrog.  Criminy.

Ace; I've made a career here stating the obvious.  I don't know if I want the spirits of poasting reappearing.  Heck, some of them have guns.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

The only thing you can really do with spirits is drink them... a cold one with pizza, for breakfast.

Sounds like a poast for TG and his study group

Organ grinder monkeys at least work cheap..you can usually get one for peanuts...don't start with the fat pantsed SQUIRRELS!!!!!!, again.  Drives me nuts.

Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

trav

Quote from: pat on March 03, 2004, 06:50 hrs
As for real storms, I can remember the Blizzard of 70 something. Snowed in for three days until the big-front end loader came down the road and dug us out. Drifts as high as the tops of the telephone poles. That was fun.

Ah, Blizzard of Oz?

No, not The Wizard Of Oz, Ozzy Osbourne Oz....yes.....thats right...heh....
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR