• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

laptops

Started by ali_farhan1984, March 17, 2004, 18:27 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

ali_farhan1984

hi, i'm thinking of buying a laptop and have a budget of about $3000.  any recommendations???? Also I've been thinking of the Apple Powerbook G4 17".

Mark H

For what are you going to use it? That would help people make a better recommendation. From what I have seen, Dell makes pretty good laptop computers.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

ali_farhan1984

i'll be using the laptop for graphic design - using programs such as Adobe Photoshop, word processing, internet use, multimedia.

query

If you're already got Mac software, the PowerBook is an easy choice, and a good one.

If you're looking for a reasonably priced WIndows machine that's solidly built and not terribly expensive, look at the Gateway M505 - it's rock solid, runs very cool (unlike the Inspiron 8600 from Dell, which is flimsy and runs hot).  It's a great deal for the price, and with the large screen and low-power CPU (Pentium-M) will do well on battery - it's probably as close to a PowerBook as you're likely to find.

You'll have a hard time keeping a PowerBook 17" under $3K with tax, shipping, etc. - or if you add any options.