• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

32 days and no mobod

Started by ingeborgdot, February 19, 2006, 07:43 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

ingeborgdot

I had a problem with my mobod and sent it in to gigabyte.  They said 3 weeks turn around and it is now day 32 and no mobod.  I was wondering if all places are that way or is there another company that will get it back to you faster.  They had to replace the nvidia chip and they said they only fix and won't replace.  Please lead me to another company that has a better and faster fix.  Thanks.
Antec P182, Abit IP35 Pro, Q6600, 4GB Crucial Ballistix, Leadtek Winfast PX7900GSTDH, P & C silencer quad 750 watt, 3-Seagate Sata 500, HT Omega Claro, Altec Lansing ADA995 5.1 THX, Digital Doc 5+, 2 Samsung SATA DVD burners, Canopus ADVC50,Vista Ultimate Retail 64 Bit, Vista rating 5.9

Whizbang

I received a quick turn-around with MSI, but it was a replacement.  My local computer shop has dropped MSI from its list of suppliers because of unidentifiable mainboard problems that began to become annoyances. That was the reason that I RMA'd my board.  The keyboard would just decouple without any warning or reason.   The shop has now gone with Gigabyte exclusively.  I have decided that the best way for me is to upgrade to another board and then sell the fixed or refurb on Ebay.   I have since replaced my system boards with MSI K7N2GM-V's (no longer available) with onboard video.  Two of those work perfectly, including the one on my daughter's unit, but the one on my main system occasionally will hang on IDE detection and will need to be rebooted because it loses track of bootup sequence.  :-\

Whizbang

Did you ever get the mobo back?

ingeborgdot

Finally after 6 weeks.  It was fixed so that's all that matters now.
Antec P182, Abit IP35 Pro, Q6600, 4GB Crucial Ballistix, Leadtek Winfast PX7900GSTDH, P & C silencer quad 750 watt, 3-Seagate Sata 500, HT Omega Claro, Altec Lansing ADA995 5.1 THX, Digital Doc 5+, 2 Samsung SATA DVD burners, Canopus ADVC50,Vista Ultimate Retail 64 Bit, Vista rating 5.9

Carskick

It seems companies tend to take longer than they say these days, no matter what company it is. HP has been by far the most punctual computer company as far as servicing parts than any other computer company, parts company, or whatever. I have never had a highly falty mobo, but I doubt any of the others would consistantly give better turn around times for reapir. Gigabyte generally makes a good product, and they did fix it, dispte it taking longer than quoted.
Athlon64 X2 3800+ Machester@2.45Ghz, 4x1GB A-DATA PC3200@204(2.5-3-3-6), XFX 8800GT, ASUS A8N5X NF4, Antec 300 case, Antec EarthWatts 650w, 640GB 16MB and 200GB 8MB 7200RPM SATA WD HDDs, NEC3540, NEC3550, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate<br />Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/Carskick