• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

19" Samsung(s) or 20" Dell?

Started by andypress, December 01, 2004, 19:37 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

andypress

I had expected to be using a 24" Wide Sony, but like most of the deals on ebay nowadays, it was DOA. I'm looking to buy a smaller lcd. I'm not primarily a gamer, although I will occasionaly play halo. I do a decent amount of work in Photoshop and Premiere. I want it to look nice-thats the one bad thing about the dells, they have too much plastic on them. The 193P strikes me as the most attractive looking lcd, on par with apple. But, for $50 I can get component inputs on the 192mp. I would like to hear about any expieriences/opinions about these. Thanks.
"Nick Burns, the company' s computer guy. He'll fix your computer, then he's gonna make fun of you, Cause he's Nick Burns, your company's computer guy!

query

Dell's three major LCD suppliers are LG-Philips, Samsung and Benq-Acer.  I believe the larger ones are usually Samsungs or LG-Philips.

You may want to browse through XPbargains.com -- they often call attention to Dell coupons that may tip the balance for you.  The 20.1" Dell is actually a very nice monitor, particularly given the coupons Dell often heaps on them.  If you don't need one now, I'd wait until January - the deals are likely to get better once the holiday buying season is over.

wonderings

or why not go for the best?

http://www.apple.com/displays/#

wouldnt a nice 30inch HD display look great on your desk?  ;D
15 inch PowerBook 1.5 ghz G4 2 gig ram DVD-RW 80 gig HD  
Dual 1.8ghz G5,  8X DVD-RW, 2 gig ddr ram, 160 x 2 gig HD
Dual 2ghz G5 DVD-RW, 2gig ddr ram, 250 x 2 gig HD
Lacie F.A. Porshce 160 external FW HD
1 BenQ 15 inch LCD VGA
1, 17 inch Samsung 172x LCD displays DVI
1, 30 inch Apple HD Cinema

trav

CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

iansl

Um...wonderings? Maybe a 20" panel would be good. PCWorld said Apple panels are good, but have ZERO configuration options for PCs, which stinks. I'd like the 20-incher myself. It'd fit in with my silver-and-black sig PC, speaker system, camera and printer, if not my microphone.
Dell Inspiron e1505, Core Duo T2050, 1 GB DDR2-533, 160GB WD Scorpio 5400RPM HDD, 8x DVD+\-\DL burner, GMA 950, WXGA panel, Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2K7 Pro (thx M$)

iMac Aluminum 2.4GHz 20" w\4GB RAM, LP1965 LCD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro
Macbook Air 1.6GHz 80GB HDD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro, SuperDrive addon

The man, the mac user, the cell phone