• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

A few problems with My HP

Started by whtdouwnt, July 18, 2003, 19:58 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

whtdouwnt

I have an Hp Pavilion ZE1210.  XP, athlon 1.2 gig, 768 ram.  I an connected to the internet via cable modem.  When I leave my laptop on and unattended for more then 45 min the internet stops working and I have to reset the computer to get the internet to work.  All my power management is shut off.  Also reciently my fan has been running ALOT.  I probally kicks on 3-4 times per minute.  When it does kick on my computer is almost on a holt til it stops.  Any suggestions?  

vBmaster

Hmm... well, the modem problem is probably because something that runs your modem shuts down, to stop his go to the energy settings and make sure that everything is set to 'never'. This should work. Otherwise, most cable modem providers give a program that re-establishes contact with the modem, phone them and ask for this.

About the fan, it's probably one of two things. It could be because you have it set to 'Always on' or something, check in the laptop settings. However, this shouldn't cause your computer to shut down. Otherwise, it's probably a faulty part in your computer that detects temp. and switches the fan on and off, if your laptop is under warranty take it back, otherwise take it to a computer shop, you may need a new fan.