• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Re:

Started by Andreas, May 08, 2001, 20:33 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

GDI.exe -- this is the graphics portions of the Windows Kernal...and the split screen just confirms this...it may be a video card issue.

Try a new driver, reseat the video card, set it to standard VGA. If all else fails, try another video card.

If alse else fails, you can send the tower to me and I will fix it. I've been a repair facility for Fountain for a while...unofficially of course!

skye1119

I'm trying go fix a friends Quantex(which i highly recommened...he's had strange probs from the start). So here it goes...when booting up(this prob only happens occasionally) an error message pops up saying Explorer(windows) caused an invalid page fault in module GDI.exe @ 0001:00009867... so i click ok...then another error pops up saying...Kernel32 caused an invalid page fault in module GDI.exe @ 0001:blah blah blah...then i have to reboot again. Problem #2...occasionally windows loads in a split screen...2 indentical screens with a black line(horizontally)splitting the screen....now just a few days ago...i booted up to do more troubleshooting and i got "CMOS checksum error defaults loaded" so i'm thinkin i'll replace cmos battery. I've reformatted and reinstalled win98...i've ran sys tool checker(it found a corrupt setup.exe file which it repaired) i've gone thru msconfig...i may have it narrowed down to 7 files in sys.ini. Any thoughts? Please help. Thankyou.