• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Do you approve of this system?

Started by abreeze, March 08, 2004, 20:59 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

abreeze

Hi...  I'm thinking of buying this unit.  Does it look OK to you?  A shop will build it for me.

AMD Athlon XP 2400+ CPU
Mach Speed V400 ATX Motherboard
523 Meg DDR 266 RAM
80 Gig Hard Drive
3.5" 1.44 Meg Floppy Dr
4X12X40X24X40 DVD-RW
GeForce 4 mX440 64 Meg 4x Video Card
Integrated Stereo Sound
10/100 Ethernet NIC
Mid Tower Case - 400W Power Supply
(2) USB Ports on rear of system and (2) on front
Windows XP Home CD & License

I will be using my current broadband modem, speakers and subwoofer.

It will cost around $700.  Thanks for your help.

Wade777

Costs ~ $612 off of my website :P but yeah, looks good.  Funky motherboard though?
Need a custom computer?
Check out my website:
http://www.microhardcomputers.com

Nestor

Never heard of that mobo. Is it on the AMD approved list? Other than that, and some minor qualms about the processor (I say go with the 2500+ T-bred core) your system looks good. Have you thought of a better video card? the Nvidia 5200 has double the VRAM and the cost (at least here) is reasonable.

I give one thumb up and a meh.
AMD 3200+ KT-6 Delta, 120GB WD HDD, 160GB WD HDD, (4) 300GB Seagate SATA HDD NVidia 6800FX (256MB) 1GB PC3200 Mushkin RAM

Chandler

THIS could be the motherboard.  I've never heard of them, but they do say they've been around since 1989 and are backed by a lifetime warranty, which seems good until you read the RMA form...

Quote4) Products found to be out-of-warranty or not belonging to Mach speed will not be replaced...

This seems to contradict what is said on the main site pages.  If someone built the system for you, then the chances are that the warranty doesn't mean anything.  This is pure speculation of course.

I'd go for a Biostar board, which are quite cheap and very reliable.