• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

The Dead Poast

Started by scuzzy, May 16, 2004, 11:17 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

pat

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Oh, and THAT was worth going to Page 5.

Dangit; what hath Scuzzy wrought?

Ace; stupid dead dang poast.  Probably gonna beat the pizza poast, after all.
Ring bells for service.

Nestor

You're not cool enough to top the pizza poast.

But, hot and piping would sure do it well. Not dead and cooling.

ThatGuy1079; This thread is a panda of a Poast.
AMD 3200+ KT-6 Delta, 120GB WD HDD, 160GB WD HDD, (4) 300GB Seagate SATA HDD NVidia 6800FX (256MB) 1GB PC3200 Mushkin RAM

trav

"I'll", "Will", its all adding up :'(

I dont want to leave Poasters!! Please! Dont make me leave!
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

pat

Hold on there Travis. Don?t get in a hurry and keep the horse in front of the cart.
Don?t read more into a poast than is there. You?re not going anywhere unless you choose to do so.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Geez Criminy, Travis.  Calm down, willya?!  Nobody said you're going anywhere.  Geez Dangit, you're usually not even here to depart.  

I take it back.  I won't miss you.  There; you happy now?

Plus, I didn't even know you own a horse.  Heck, if I had a horse, I probably wouldn't hang around online much either.  I'd be riding that puppy.

Well, horse.  It'd be sorta cruel to ride a puppy.

I would disagree with Pat, though, as far as reading into a poast more than is there.  I mean, some of these, you pretty much have to add something from your imagination.  If you just took them literally, they're sorta mundane, you know?  Mine especially.  I would encourage everyone to read a LOT more into my poasts than is there.  At face value, they sorta have a "bulb in the neck", you know?

Thag, who the heck are you talking to, the poast...?!?,,?  Geez, I can see reading into them, but don't put words in their mouths.  Mouth.  Singular or plural, either way.  Trav needs to cool down, the poast is heating up, and everyone should listen to Pat, 'cuz he's an Administrator.

Hey, hold on a minute.  I'm a dang Fool Administrator.

Well, ok, like I was saying, listen to Pat.  And be cool, like ole 1079 says.

Ace; Thank you.  No idea for what.
Ring bells for service.

trav

CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

Ace

Trav, when you're happy we're happy.  :D

Sheesh. :-X

Actually, when I'm miserable, Scuzzy's happy.  

Ace; left off.
Ring bells for service.

iansl

Guys, I must say that I'm not Igloo. We're "across the pond" from each other, as you may be able to see by out spelling differences of color ;).

And I also must say that I've had so much homework lately that I havne't really had the time to go online much at all, unfortunately much less to Poasters. But now is the weekend and I'm backfor about 5 minutes, after which I'll work on Spiritual Leadership homework.
Dell Inspiron e1505, Core Duo T2050, 1 GB DDR2-533, 160GB WD Scorpio 5400RPM HDD, 8x DVD+\-\DL burner, GMA 950, WXGA panel, Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2K7 Pro (thx M$)

iMac Aluminum 2.4GHz 20" w\4GB RAM, LP1965 LCD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro
Macbook Air 1.6GHz 80GB HDD, OS X 10.5.2 + WinXP Pro, SuperDrive addon

The man, the mac user, the cell phone

Ace

Well Geez Louise, Iggy, we know you're not

ok.  Hold it.  Lemme look at that again..

Huh. Well.

Alright, hey Iansl!  Nice to see ya!  Hope your side of the pond is well.  Good.  Good, and well.  Good ol' pond.

Heh; that reminds me of that joke of the Jims, where the blonde is on one side and yells at the blonde on the other side, and she says "you are on the other side!"

One of a million, that joke was.

Anyway, if anyone is gonna poast anything off-colour, then you need to get Buffalo in here.  He'll do it.  Maybe an off-color blonde joke, where she's really a brunette.

Well, no, I guess then that wouldn't be a blonde joke, would it.  Ok, I'll leave it to Buffalo to come up with something clever.  And Ian can lead us in a prayer or some spiritual uplifting.  Or a good religious joke; criminy, we haven't had one of those for awhile.  Wish Jims would try one of those again.

Ace; I'm glad my weekends are longer than 5 minutes.
Ring bells for service.

iansl

Mine is, too. And I may decide to do Lit homework first. And my side of the pond is your side :)
Dell Inspiron e1505, Core Duo T2050, 1 GB DDR2-533, 160GB WD Scorpio 5400RPM HDD, 8x DVD+\-\DL burner, GMA 950, WXGA panel, Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2K7 Pro (thx M$)

Ace

I just mowed the grass, so hopefully you'll pick up the limbs and other yard waste on our side of the pond.

Let me know if you can use any help with Literature; heck, I was an English major.  Scuzzy will probably appear, even if he did kill this poast, and say something smart alexy like "couldn't make to colonel, huh."  People can usually tell I majored in English by my poasts, as I typically use English in them.

The homonym thing stumps me, while keyboarding, but otherwise I can usually stick to the vocabulary.  You know, after reading so dang many books in college, usually the night before I had to, I don't even care to read books much anymore.  Magazines work fine for my attention span, and fit in the magazine holders in each bathroom quite well.

We should yell at igloo "Hey, you ARE on the other side!" sometime.

Ace; glad you're on my side.  I could use more people on my side.
Ring bells for service.

iansl

Okay. Ya know C.S. Lewis's An Experiment In Criticism{/i}? I need to glean from hat 15 to 20 guidelines for reading well ::)

Ace

[Q} No (R/$|}

I did read Moby Dick in one night.  The whale wins.

Ace; "Call me, Ishmael.  Anytime... day or night."
Ring bells for service.

iansl

Well, I got that done. Now for a historyy position paper, but that'll have to wait till tomorrow.

Bill

Hey Ishmael, are you certain you are (were) an English major.  Several of your poasts lately certainly sounded otherwise;

"El  Conquistador", "gastronimical", and "(French)" just to cite a few.  

How you made it past sergeant is a puzzel.

But almost everyone is on your side, 'cept maybe the dead monkeys - and pandas.

Someone alert the admins, we are about ready for Page 6.

Oh, I forgot you are an admin.
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

That's ok, because I forget it too.

I have trouble spelling "sergeant" and "sheriff". Heck, I have problems spelling English.

We have to wait for Pat to extend it to 6 pages with some pithy comment like "Thank you" or 'Hello" or "What margarita" or "Cheese is good" or some such.  Criminy, he's gotten as terse as Trav, but without the  :D to punctuate it.

Ace; isn't it a pithy
Ring bells for service.

pat

Terse?
Hmm, short and sweet perhaps, but not terse.

Ok you want that margarita? How about once a week, every month on the eighth day of the week.

Ace

Well, I've never seen you so I don't know how short or sweet you are.  I'm more the tall and sour type.  

I don't think I could do margaritas that often.  I had a 6 pack of Heineken while watching ND yesterday, so right now the Folgers French Roast is fine.

Hey... Ludd may be on to something, there.  Maybe those 5 years of French in grade school are coming back.

Non.

Ace; Monsieur Le Jestere.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Well it looks like the Power Vest accomplished what scuzzy set out to do.
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Really.  For most of the last 24 hours I think I killed every living poast, in both rooms.  Even stalled out the hardware discussion zone for about 6 hours.  It was starting to concern me; I thought I closed down the whole chatroom for a banker's holiday or something.

I'm glad you and Buffalo and Carsick showed up, to bring it back to life.

Of course, now I've repoasted, and so have rekilled the same poasts, again.  This is kinda like "Blade; Trinity".  I mean, how many times can you kill a dead thing to make it stay dead....

Ace; quite a few, apparently.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

Looks like you did it!

Ace

Thank You

Ace; geez, now I'm quoting Pat.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Worse things than that could happen.
You might find yourself quoting a bunch of smilies.
Oh, the humanity.

Bill

But then you'd be quoting Trav.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ace

You mean like:
"
I DON'T REALLY HAVE TO LEAVE DO  :-\I???? I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE!!!!! :'( :'( ::) CANT I JUST STAY A WHILE LONGER??@!!!

I'm gonna miss you guys.  Hey wait, I have my own chatroom.  I CAN BE THE JESTER THERE ALL BY MYSELF!! :D!
"

Ace; emphasis on "all by myself"
Ring bells for service.

Bill

LOL, Yes, that was exactly what I had in mind!

Ace

Our viewers may find this hard to believe, but I actually created that parody of Travis from memory; I did not look back over any of his poasts, to copy or quote them.

Who could imagine.

Travis, if you're out there; you know we love you.   :-*

Scuzzy; this dead poast is going right off the cliff.  It has a life of its own.

Ace; it's bigger than Ohio
Ring bells for service.

Bill

'bout the same size as Ivan with an equal amount of hot air.

;D

Ace

This thing dead yet?  I stayed away all day, and it looks like it finally dozed off.

Since I hope to go to New Orleans someday, I'm glad it's still there.  And didn't become the "Louisiana Aquarium."  My dad used to vacation in Alabama on the gulf, so I guess those guys woulda just as soon the bag of wind had sunk Nawlins.

I typed that with a cajun accent.  

You know, New Orleans has a lot of French influence, and even French quarters.  I'd probably fit right in.

Ace; if it wasn't dead, I probably just took care of it, regardless.
Ring bells for service.