• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Re:

Started by pat, September 30, 2001, 20:16 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

pat

timoch

I also use opera 5.12 not always, but a lot. The current page is always displayed ok for me. The only thing I can think of is you are pulling up the last page you visited from cache. Check to see in prefereces, under history and cache, see if under the -check modified, that the always button is checked.

I am still kinda new to opera so perhaps someone else may have an idea (bear you out there?)

Pat

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

n/a

As long as it's not 'Never' I think you've got it, Pat. 0 Days, 5 Hours is the default setting for when Opera checks a page for new content, but if you're having trouble, try 'Always'. I also have mine set to automatically clear the cache when I exit. The forums always show new topics for me. You might also check to make sure the emulation is set to IE 5 or Mozilla 5.

By the way, I'm typing this on the 'new' T-bird. Still getting it set up, but the first thing I installed was Opera. IE with its single document window just irritates the heck out of me after using Opera.

It still has a few minor bugs, but it's far better than anything else for power browsing, IMO.

http://www.poasters.com/images/bear.gif" border=0>

pat

Hey Bear

Glad to see you got that new t-bird. The only new "system" in my immediate future is the upstairs bath.

Pat

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

n/a

Yo, Pat. I'll write an in-depth review when I have everything set up. About what I expected so far, except the kid didn't have a lot of the paperwork he said he did. Guess I should have expected that. He also did a lousy job of packing, but no permanent damage. It'll take a lot of detective work to get some of the peripherals working.

I've already ordered 258 meg of RAM from Crucial, but I really need that CD-RW to ease the transition. May go shopping this week.

Tim, let us know if our suggestions didn't help.

http://www.poasters.com/images/bear.gif" border=0>

timoch

I use Opera 5.12 as my browser.  When I go to Poasters I find that the same pages are displayed that were displayed during my previous session days earlier.  To view the newest page, I must refresh.  I see this problem on only one other forum site that I visit.  The problum doesn't happen on my web based email, or news sites.   Wassup?