• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Re:

Started by John, September 20, 2001, 22:29 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Mr. Person Guy, welcome to Poasters.Com, I use neither program so I am not able to assist you with the software upgrade. One of our other poasters may have the updates you request. As for the first part of the question that your computer does not recognize your CD-RW drive, can you tell us what operating system are you using. Also what other peripherals do you have installed. What make is the CD-RW drive. Have you installed or uninstalled anything lately. Check the Device Manager for Conflicts. Was it working properly the last time.

http://www.poasters.com/images/pcguy.gif" border=0>

John
Cogito Ergo Sum

Mr. Person Guy

My OS is Windows 98 2nd Edition, I don't have any peripherals installed on my computer, and the only thing I have uninstalled is a Command and Conquer game so I would have more hard drive space. The drive is Imation CD Burn-R 12x10x32. It hasn't worked since I got it, and there are no conflicts in Device Manager. Hope that helps.

John

Mr.Person Guy, Did you install the drive or was it installed by someone else. Did it come with the system and if so What make and model computer do you have. This drive requires at least 1gig of free hard drive space to install according to factory instructions. You say it has never worked. How is the computer configured ie. Do you have any other drives beside hard drive and floppy drive installed. Do you have the install manual and documentation for the CDRW drive.

http://www.poasters.com/images/pcguy.gif" border=0>

John
Cogito Ergo Sum

Mr. Person Guy

Hey John, I fixed it. It turns out that EZ CD was the problem. My friend from school sent me the update, and it worked. My computer recognizes the drive as a CD-RW now. I have some questions about it, but I'll ask them in another topic. Thanks for your help.

(If you were wondering, I installed the drive, I bought it seperately, my hard drive now has 1.89 GB because I uninstalled the game, the only other drives I have are the CD-ROM and the ZIP drive that came with the computer, and I still have the manual and documentation for the CD-RW drive.)

Mr. Person Guy

I have a problem with my CD-RW. My computer doesn't recognize it as a CD-RW drive. I'm trying to update Easy CD Creator and DirectCD but for some strange reason AOL won't let me download things from ftp sites. If anyone has the update for EZ CD v4.02 to 4.05 and DirectCD v3.01 to 3.03, then can you send it? If someone will send it, I will post an E-Mail address for you to send it to.