• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Acronis Saves the Day Again

Started by Whizbang, November 17, 2007, 13:16 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

I am sooo glad that the "sheriff" kept recommending Acronis.  I keep a relatively current copy of my hard drive on a backup drive that is exclusively used for storing Acronis .tib compressed files of the active hard drive.  I use the burned Acronis startup CD almost exclusively to store the active drive about once a week.  The super-compressed file allows many of the backups to be stored in sequence before deletion of the oldest ones.  That need became critical today when I installed an audio extractor that had a "spyware removal" tool attached.  I still gave it a shot and then tried the "new" type of removal program.  I really was amazed that it scanned my whole drive in less than 30 seconds and then found stuff that SpyBot seemingly had missed.  That really got me concerned, but what made me take a second look was that the program would not remove the junk unless I purchased it.  I then ran Spybot, taking about 10 minutes, and found that the only threat was the very program that had just told me that my computer was amuck with heretofore unknown "critters." 

I uninstalled both programs only to find that the "spyware removal" program was still the one offender found in a SpyBot search and destroy after the uninstalltion.  Rather than risk registry problems, I just decided to reload my latest two-day-old backup Acronis tib file while I took a bath.  As a result, I am now back to normal with very little hassle; since I keep my stored files on another drive and do not remove my email from the server.  I cannot emphasize how much easier the Acronis has made keeping my computer clean and running.  The best spyware removal tool that I have is a clean Acronis backup.  Whenever I try a new program, there is always the possibility of a disaster or some unknown factor.  Acronis just reduces the worry and is very cheap insurance.  Thanks Scuzzy.   8)