• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Re:

Started by Andreas, June 28, 2001, 14:46 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

You should be fine. There is a plastic case over the old hard drive which you can put on the new drive without any problems. We used IBM drives at Quantex all of the time. They are good drives!

http://www.idealpcsystems.com/name2.gif" border=0>

query

It will fit fine (9.5 and 12.5 mm drives use the same mounting holes).  However, you might want to look around a bit before buying an IBM TravelStar, particularly of that model.  There are a lot of complaints about it failing early in its life - take a look at Dell Talk, among other places.  The drives are starting to develop a bad reputation, just like IBM's current DeskStar 75 series.

You might want to look for a  different make of drive - Hitachi or Fujitsu - or wait until IBM sorts out the problems or replaces this model of drive.

Jay

I need to replace the hard drive in my Quantex TS30I. The old one was a Hitachi DK228A-65, it is 12.5mm in height. I need to know if this can be replaced with a IBM DJSA-220,  I think it is also known as Travelstar 20GN? It is 9.5mm in height and I was wondering if that would work? Will the connectors/adapter used by the DK228A-65 in my machine work with this drive?

If not can anyone suggest any other replacement models?

Thanks!