• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

stop:0x00000050 page fault in non page area

Started by halokid, May 21, 2006, 16:18 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

halokid

im getting this error gonna run memtest .. i think these ar usually hardware problems not sure if it is potentisal virus...
it starts to load windows xp then i get  this blue screen of death.
safe mode loads and hangs onjh the agpcpq.sys driver any help would greatly be appreciated

freelance

sounds like itsa a video card driver problem, in win98se there used to be an option to select which drivers to load (gave you a y/n box for each driver) dunno if its still avalible in win xp tho.agpcpq.sys ... iv google thias and it is the cpu-agp driver (presumably,then its the driver that links the agp bus to the cpu). that all i can thinkof at the mo... except have u reacently installed sp2? there are loads of reported problems simalar to yours that started after a service pack 2 install...

sorry im not too lucid tonight!
ok so the following is my pc:
asus M2N4-SLI, athlon X2 5000+ cpu, geforce 7600GT , 80gb MAXTOR SATAII hdd, 4gb ddr2 ram, silverstone edumon (google it and u'll find it!!!) sata dvd rw dual layer, 6x usb 2, and tv card (with video recorder ps2 etc)

halokid

no hardware changes im not sure of software you know how that goes if its not your own computer....I.E that nifty little virus packaged in a dancing bear email flash thingy sent by grandma.. thx for your reply though hope its not hardware cause that makes things =$$

Neon

That kind of error could be a lot of things. It could be bad memory, including system memory, video RAM, or L2 cache.

Things to try:
test each memory moduule with memtest86+.
change vid cards
disable L2 cache

It can also be bad software. I've read that very old antivirus programs can be the culprit, but you'd probably need to get someone to analyze the minidump files to determine this.
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

halokid

thx for the replies it appears to have been software related .. i did a full reformat and install of windows xp....no probelms  interesting ly though they had a mcafee anti virus software on the pc.. it very well  may of been th ereason cause it was out of date by 2 years.