• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

touch pad problem

Started by pandusudhir, November 24, 2002, 20:25 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

pandusudhir

Hi All,
        Recently I purchased a Toshiba S1410 laptop.I have windows XP loaded on it.After this I purchased a USB Logitech Optical mouse.I installed the mouse using the driver provided by Logitech.Now whenever I plug on the USB mouse the laptops touch pad mouse just allows me to move the mouse pointer.I cannot select any object(which we normally do by tapping the touch pad),Even if I remove the USB mouse the same problem prevails.
Can anyone tell me a way out.

Regards
Sudhir

dcsun

Welcome to Poasters

It sounds like you may have a conflict between the drivers for the touchpad and the external mouse.  It may not be possible to use them both at the same time, so to use the touchpad again you may need to remove the drivers for the usb mouse and re-install the drivers for the touchpad.

John

pandusudhir, welcome to Poasters Forums. First thing is to check with Toshiba Support and with the mouse manufacturer Logitech . Also can you poast the full correct model # of your Toshiba Laptop ie. Satellite, Libreto, Tecra or Satellite 1410-S173 or S174. It shuld be on the bottom of the case.
Cogito Ergo Sum