• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Anyone with AJP (Mitac) 7321 willing to help please?

Started by JamesQB, March 09, 2006, 08:58 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesQB

Hi,

I have an AJP 7321 laptop which apparently is a clone of the Mitac 7321. The CPU fan started to play up so I took it to my local notebook repair center. They confirmed the fan was faulty but said they couldn't help. When I got it back, I found the fan missing so phoned them only to be told they'd thrown it away!

I can get just about any fan from a US supplier, but without the original, I can't find the part number.

I wonder if anyone who knows how to and knows they wouldn't be risking doing any damage to their laptop, would mind doing me a huge favour and looking for the part number on the CPU fan please? Usually the part code starts with "FD", but could be different of course in this case.

I'm stuck with no laptop otherwise and can't find any help anywhere else  :(

Thank you,
James

Chandler

I've got 2. :D

I'll take a look at the end of next week.

JamesQB

Hi

I've since found that the idiots also threw away a metal bracket that actually screwed the fan to the heatsink from the looks of it. Maybe the fan comes with that bracket, I don't know, but just in case I decided to buy a whole new heatsink+fan after having some luck emailing some laptop websites.

New prices are ridiculous, but luck was on my side and one was going on eBay with the CPU also (which I don't need so if anyone wants to buy an Athlon 1500+...  ;D) so I bought that and now just have to wait for it to arrive.

Thank you anyway, I appreciate the gesture.  :)