• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Re:

Started by Joanie, November 30, 2000, 11:58 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanie

Thank You Neon for that information. It doesn't look very promising for Quantex or the other companies.

I feel so bad for all of us who have the Q Puter. My system will be 3 years old this Dec. and my floppy drive still shows it failed on bootup and the PD ejects immediately on bootup and I have to manually hold the door closed in order for it to stay closed.

Normally I would hit the panic button but since I am hoping to buy a new computer as soon as possible I am living with the inconvenience.

Joanie

n/a

Another one for the Q Help! page. Thanks, Neon.

Bear

-LearningasfastIcan-

Neon

CNET.com has a new article, "How to Survive When PC Firms Die" which has a little more detail on the demise of Quantex, Cybermax, Pionex, and Inteva. Apparently, they went over to Somerset, NJ to have a look, and got a receptionist to comment, "Everybody here is looking for jobs." There's also a few tips on what remedies may be available to consumers.

http://computers.cnet.com/hardware/0-1016-8-3702707-1.html?tag=st.cn.1.tlpg.1016-8-3702707-1

Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition