• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

subwoofer on ground - pc too, bad?

Started by Red Squirrel, November 27, 2002, 18:08 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Squirrel

I just though of something.  My subwoofer is on the ground, only about a meter away from my PC, which is on ceramic tiles - on the ground (2 extra tiles I found - I hate having it right on the carpet - too much dust).

Just wondering if this is bad?  Could this be causing my cpu fan rattling problems?  what I'm scared of is the hard drive!

Just thought of this one, thought I'd ask. :D

Litey

Unless you have something loose inside your case I doubt this is the cause of the rattle. My computer sits closer to the sub than that, and I have yet to make it rattle.

young teckie

it could be.. but unlikely. on to the hdd, the magnatisum (which is extreamly powerful on high bass) will kill your HDD. MOVE IT, QUICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dcsun

I think I'd have to disagree with that.  Maybe if you attached the speaker to the hard drive, but certainly not from a meter away!  Between the rubber feet on the tower and the tiles you shouldn't have any vibration problems either.

Red Squirrel

Good to know it's safe then. :)  To make it even better the tiles are sitting on a peice of "desk wood" since one tile was being pushed in the carpet more then the other and it did not look as nice - so more "padding".  Now, if I can keep this up, my PC will be about a feet in the air. :)

;D I should run tubes with liquid nitrogene under the tiles - a cooling tile, instead of heating tile!  Nah, I'd want the liquid to go inside the PC.  "more more muhahahaha" *succesfully cranks CPU to 1THz at 2000 core volts*. :D

KStone1013

Keep in mind that it is recommended to keep your subwoofer at least three feet away from any walls or your computer, subwoofers can become very hot, and you may create more heat or obstruct your computers airflow, possibly causing damage to either your subwoofer or computer.  Only higher-end subwoofers create a lot of head (Logitech Z-560, for one)
~Sky
Sometimes I wonder if i will finish anyth