• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Proud Mom moment!

Started by Carol, February 24, 2008, 15:39 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Carol

Just have to share how proud I am of my boys.  Christopher just turned 23 and will be defending his thesis next week for his Masters.  He will be moving on to Texas sometime in the next few weeks.  He will be going to the University of Texas for his Ph.D.  It will be hard having him so far away, but I am very proud of how hard he has worked.  And then of course there is Eric, who already has a very good programming job.  A mom couldn't be more proud.

Carol
It is never too soon to do a kindness, for one never knows how soon it will be too late.

When I stand before God at the end of my life. I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me.--Erma Bombeck

Ace

Hiya Carol,

What's Christopher's thesis?  It'd be cool to know.  Hook'em horns, huh.  And good for Eric as well.  Your pride is well earned, and deserved.

Ace; I'm still stuck in C-- language.
Ring bells for service.

Carol

Well, I'm not sure of the exact thesis, but it's about extracting climate signal from skeletal geochemistry of corals.

Yes, JA it is really great to have healthy, happy, successful children.  Lots of hard work and doing without and it's been doing it on my own for a few years now, but it was worth every bit of the work, etc.

Carol
It is never too soon to do a kindness, for one never knows how soon it will be too late.

When I stand before God at the end of my life. I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me.--Erma Bombeck

pat

That's great news Carol, you must be so proud of your boys. I wish them all the best.

Our girls are both out of school now and our youngest in now married and teaching special education and earth science. Our oldest is due to be married this summer and trying to break into the Montessori school near her and teaching pottery on the weekends.

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

scuzzy

Congratulations, Carol. You have certainly earned the right to be proud of your boys, and we are fortunate that you are willing to share some of your joy with us. Naturally we favor Eric here for all of his great help, but we equally wish both of your sons (as well as you) the very best that life has to offer.

Maybe Christopher will cross paths with Neon. I believe Neon is a chemistry professor at a university in Texas.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Carol

Well, thank you very much.  I am proud of both of them so much.  And it sure feels nice when one of them turns to me and says, I'm where I'm at because you stayed home and raised me right.  Made it worth while.

Well, Christopher may cross paths with Neon.  He is studying Paleoclimatology.  It's hard for me to see him go so far away, and be at such a large school.  He has been in small colleges.  But he is a very confident young man.  He will be a professor some day.  I think that is his only way to stay in school his whole life, which is what he would do if he could.

Lots of daughters that are teachers!  That is great.  The world sure needs plenty of great and caring teachers.  I wish them all well.

Carol

Ace

I think Pat's daughter who's into Earth Science and Christopher working on the climactic changes in coral could figure out global warming.  Well, at least coral warming.  I don't want to know about skeletal geochemistry; it sounds like what happens when somebody gets anorexic...

I guess "hook'em horns" still applies, even if the cow's dead and skeletal.  I am sorry to hear that the other daughter is trying to break into a Montessori school; I think running an open environment and promoting exploration for kids is no excuse to take advantage of them like that.  And mess with their pottery.

Ace; I'm in school all day.  Not like that's helping me any.  I hope to study Alchemy.
Ring bells for service.

Carol

Well, it is now official, Christopher has a Master of Science degree, and will be headed for Texas very soon.  He has been offered an incredible opportunity there, I just wish it were closer.  Time to start getting used to them living far away I guess.

Carol

scuzzy

If it helps any, I very quickly got used to Ace living far away. As a matter of fact, I like it that way. I only wish he were a couple states further. East.

Scuzzy; far, far away.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

I'm glad to hear Christopher earned his Master of Science.  I, too, am a Master of Science.  Although I have no designs to go anywhere near Texas. 

Being in the Midwest at the Crossroads of America I am perfectly spaced between all points in this great land.  As big as Texas is, you'd think it would serve as an anchor and keep things stable.

Ace; I am perfectly spaced.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

NJ has enough problems already; why do you think I moved.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit