• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Re:

Started by Robert, December 26, 2000, 14:11 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert

After much more fooling around, I discovered that if I disable the sound card in the bios, everything (except the sound) works fine.  Furthermore, if I boot in safe mode, and remove the neomagic card from the system properties, the sound works fine after rebooting.  If I add the graphics card again it locks up the first time the machine attempts to play a wav file. Obviously there is a conflict.  There is also a further complication, that I have not yet been able to figure out how to handle... the machine also had the DirectX v. 8 upgrade applied to it at the same time the first video driver was upgraded.  (Could this have caused the problem?)

Robert

portablecomputer.com

Which Quantex model do you own?

Wesley Forrester
PORTABLECOMPUTER.COM

================================

Robert

I have the TS30H.  I figured out the problem and posted the solution under another topic. DirectX version 8.

Thanks

Robert

I recently connected to the Microsoft Update site and was alerted that they had an update to to Neomagic drivers that I had installed on my machine.  I Installed them and then my machine would lock up -- the culprit seems to be the sound card drivers.  I fooled around for a while and finally reinstalled the version of neomagic drivers I was using before from backup (1-12-99). Anyway, to make a long story shorter, I lost my sound system drivers. I checked at www.crystal.com -- but wasn't sure which ones to get.  I currently have the Crystal PNP Audio System Control Registers Driver installed but no sound devices of any kind. I am kind of lost.  Any suggestions on how to proceed.  Sound would be nice.

Thanks in advance.