• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Acronis 9.0 Bug Leads to Even Better Option

Started by Whizbang, July 29, 2007, 12:56 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

After purchasing Acronis 9.0 and installing it. I found that it was not fully compatible on my system because a certain .dll could not be loaded wnhen compressing and storing the active OS.  I was not deterred because I was really interested in the Bootable Disk Option.  After burning a bootable CD, I found that most of the needed functions were on the CD. 

1) I can save or recover an image, clone a partition or disk, and save in active, primary, or logical format. 
2) The bootable CD program is faster for OS compression and store because you are not having to share the CPU or memory with any running programs.  I have been able to store or restore the OS in less than 3 minutes.  That is nothing short of amazing.
3) The normal compression of the OS file reduces my XP stored partition to less than half the active partition file requirement.  That means that a "fully
loaded" OS of around 8 Gigs with many programs can be compressed, stored, and then burned to a single DVD for additional backup.
4) I can save the current OS once a week for a year and still consume less than 200 Gigs of space on a storage hard drive.  What I am doing is deleting the oldest saved .tib compressed files when I determine that current active load is stable.

The one problem is the requirement for reactivation with XP if too many hardware changes are made.  That wipes it all out.  Leave it to Microsoft to destroy a Utopian situation.