• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

New system

Started by pat, January 24, 2006, 18:05 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

pat

I?m in the early stages of putting together a system for a friend. This system will be strictly for the office. So there is no need for super charged graphics.

I?m considering a motherboard with an onboard graphics solution. I?ve looked at several and the MSI K8NGM2-FID Socket 939 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 is catching my eye. The reviews seem good; it has dual video outputs, a DVI and a D-sub.

I wonder if anyone has any experience with this board or perhaps has an opinion?

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

query

The 6150 makes a nice integrated-video board.  For a mainstream system, I'd say there's very little else for around that price that will beat it.

pat

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, that?s sort of what I thought too. I?m just not sure I want to go that route though.
Price is really not that big of a consideration that I couldn?t just go with a standard motherboard.

I?m thinking of going with an Asus A8N-E and a modestly priced video card.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64