• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

ACE IS BACK NO WAIT AGAIN SHOOT

Started by Ace, April 25, 2004, 21:11 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

Ok.  I guess it's the same "back" as before.  Not like a new "I'm back" as in "again"....  Haven't really left, or anything.  Still here, pretty much.  Could leave, but why bother... you know?

In other news:

*Bubba fails to take the bait of the "what's going on... is he dead, or what???" lure.  We need to think of something more enticing to lure him out of hiding.

*Happy Birthday Pete; poast a monkey, or blond(e), joke, in commemoration of your birth.  Well, for some Pete, somewhere.

*Wade has either driven off the face of the earth, or failed to brake at the end of the 1/4 mile, or has become gunshy in trying to poast yet another joke for fear of banishment.  Woot, in his memory.

*"First Poaster to Poast with the moniker "Bubba" to win a $500 savings bond from the Poasters' administrators!  Apply today!!

"JohnAmazing has now acquired the power to kill more poasts than Ace, with his powers vested in his vest.  This doesn't bode well for chatroom denizens, unless they mean to meet with a timely dissapearance.  Disappearance.  Disa pearance.  Going away-ness.

*Eli Manning holds the NFL draft hostage, forcing the Sand Iego Chargers to acquire a better quarterback plus bonus picks for his sniveling ego, plus his Dad's.  

*The Chicago Bears select a number of Defensive Tackles, of which only Two can play at a time...

*The Supreme Court rules agains Maurice Clarett, keeping NFL teams from having the opportunity to select a fat slow running back who's been out of football for over a year...

*It has been determined that anyone who would actually play Football would not be of sound mind.

*The same paradigm relates to Poasting at Poasters

*Travis, whose real name is "Dude", is found to still have a foreign body implanted in his neck plus poast without words, preferring quotes and ja' ;D'
smiley face thingys

*too many people with the same picture infiltrate the chatroom, causing veteran poasters to wonder which is which and whom is who.  Who is this Bruce Campbell guy, anyway, that everyone thinks they resemble that remark?

Ace; I refuse to sign this.  

Ring bells for service.

Neon

Since we have more people, perhaps we need more pictures. What pictures would you like to see?
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

Ace

Well.  That is an interesting notion.  More pictures... Let me think.
Ok, that's enough.

1. Babes.  Really hot babes.  Hot chick babes.  Baby like hot babe chicks.  Really hot really babe-like really
ok.  That's enough of that.  We can always get someone to poast screen shots.
2. Tough guys.  Really tough guys.  Clint Eastwood like tough guys.  They make you feel tough, when you use one.  They do.
3. No more "Bruces".  Two are plenty.
4. Someone who looks like Scuzzy.  You'd be surprised how many people do.
5. A group shot of Neon, with whomever else is in the photo who isn't him.
6. One of Dude without the bulb in his neck.  For use at night.
7. Something with a penguin.  You'd be surprised at how many people here are penguins.
8. Sean Connery.  My wife would appreciate someone looking like Sean Connery.  Well, me, for instance.  So: Sean Connery.  I'm ok with it, since he plays golf and probably drinks scotch.
9. Cartman.  Just because he's my favorite.
10. You'd be surprised at how many people resemble Cartman.

Ace; ok, I'll sign this one.  Just this once.
Ring bells for service.

Igloo

how about some pictures of computer bits???

this is a comping forum, annd all the admins/mods/whoever could all use pictures of themselves, and no scuzzy, that drawing does not count!!

igloo
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
2x 250gb Maxtor S-ata drives
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
1x 40gb 1x 60gb IDE drives.
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

johnamazing

"JohnAmazing has now acquired the power to kill more poasts than Ace, with his powers vested in his vest.  This doesn't bode well for chatroom denizens, unless they mean to meet with a timely dissapearance.  Disappearance.  Disa pearance.  Going away-ness."

Ace, this is one of your famous statements that gets better with age, as I eventually figure out the meaning over a two day period of pondering.
Pondering what, I have not an idea. Just pondering. Ponder. Ponds.
Pond's cold creme; On Golden Pond; ponding water makes driving hazardous, as does pounding water in the form of rain.
    Oh, shoot!  Let's just say it... "It was a pounding rain, man"

JA;  Am I allowed to laugh myself silly at my own "jokes"? Or is that grounds for dismissal? If it is grounds, I say we either wash it (them) down the drain or add them to the garden compost pile.

Ace

Criminy, John, you don't need to ponder.  You can just ask.  I forget people here haven't been here forever, or longer.

See, once I declared that as Jester, with the "Powers Vested in Me", that I could kill poasts since.. well, I could.  If you watch closely, about the time I appear the party's over.  Or, dead.

Neon noticed the phrasing, and since referred to my Power Vest.  Which goes nicely with the jingly bell cap and upturned toe Jester shoes.  

You, Oh Ohioan, look to be as good a PoastKiller as moi.  It's a skill.

Ace; I've seen ponding rains, as well as pounding.
Ring bells for service.

johnamazing

I do dig, Daddy not from oHIo.
Come on by.. no Pandas along the O River.

I will continue reading old Poasts and mull it all over in my pea brane for a few days. Eventually I will understand what killing a Poast means.  LOL

Amazing and Awed at Poast Power as vested in the Ace Power Vest

Mark H

Quote from: johnamazing on April 26, 2004, 20:15 hrs
I do dig, Daddy not from oHIo.
Come on by.. no Pandas along the O River.

No Pandas on this side of the Ohio River either. If you are looking for a mountain adventure, come on across.
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Neon

No, come visit here Ace. No pandas on this side of the Red River, in fact no pandas roaming on the range at all. However, if there were pandas, it is an open range....

You brought your rifle, dintya? And spray painted the power vest orange?

I am looking into some of your avatar suggestions. Some of the suggestions are good.
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

Ace

I am reminded of Zhin Chiao, famed Chinese naturalist and big game hunter, who when questioned about the political correctness of shooting Giant Pandas answered, "Criminy, it seems like a waste of good bullets... why don't the stinking things just fall over dead, and get on with it, you know?  Geez Louise."

Well, his answer was in Chinese, and probably some obscure dialect, but for the benefit of our readers it has been translated from the original.  Amazingly enough, there is no direct parallel term, in Chinese, for "criminy."  

I apologize for my good suggestions, since I'm sure they weren't intentional.  I think "Avatar" would be a good name for a cigarette.  

There sure are a lot of rivers to cross to get to you guys.  I wonder if that was intentional.  I don't own a rifle; still just the Crossman bb pistol.  That would be sufficient to plug a dead panda though, I would think.  

Ok; now, I just noticed, we're doing it again.  We've completely strayed from the original theme of this particular poast, which was Bubba's disappearance and my difficulty in spelling dissapearance.   And Wade, too.  Maybe like Dude having his finger stuck on the smiley face button, Wade accidentally left his "Try to Poast This Joke; Go On.  Try It. I Dare You" button on and keeps getting blocked at the door.  Or ruined his transmission backing up that 1/4 mile every time he made a run to go again.

Ace; I don't know if I should sign this one.  Yes?  No?  Or just kill it?   Or wait for Ja?  Ja?  Nein?  

Ring bells for service.

Igloo

about the smileys, thanks for reminding me Ace.... why arnt the clickable... i have to type them :(

anyway.. moan over
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
2x 250gb Maxtor S-ata drives
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
1x 40gb 1x 60gb IDE drives.
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

Mark H

Quote from: Igloo on April 27, 2004, 14:25 hrs
about the smileys, thanks for reminding me Ace.... why arnt the clickable... i have to type them :(

anyway.. moan over

There is an error with the current forum script, which keeps the clickable icons from working.

Neon

OK, I added a few more avatars. I couldn't find everything you requested, but there may be more later. We now have:
1. Babes! Well, a babe. One. But she's really hot! Hot babe! Yeow!
2. Tough guys. Several of them. Behave, or one of them will put the hurt on you.
3. No more Bruces.
5. Actual photo of Neon, wearing actual Texan cowboy hat.
7. Actual penguin. This one is the rockhopper breed, my personal favorite.
11. Some unnamed computer bits. Bits are names of parts which we have not got.

Who is this Cart Man you speak of? A rickshaw driver or a magazine vendor, perhaps?

Ace

Ok. Okay.  Thanks.  That's aright.  A'right.  Cool.  

That's one dead panda.  Not dead enough, though, if you ask me.  I'll try a couple on for size.

This one seems to fit.

Oh, and you look a'right in the cowboy hat, too.  Sorta Texan, almost.  

Leonard
Ring bells for service.

Andrew S

Sure.... look a'right for a texan or a guy in a cowboy hat, which ever or both you prefer

Ace

How many Texans are there here, anyway?  Seems like several.  Neon is, and Wade is heading there he said.  I capitalize "Texan" since it was almost another country, and seems like another world.  

I also like to say "a'right" like Randy Jackson and hip young people do.  If you say it fast enough, it becomes "AhIte."  Or really fast, "ht."

This evil clown thing is sorta freaky.  I might go with something more witty, and urbane.  I'm suburbane.

Ace; I'm not really named Leonard.  That was just a reference to Neon looking like Dr. McCoy.
Ring bells for service.

Neon

Quote from: Ace on April 29, 2004, 06:58 hrsAce; I'm not really named Leonard.  That was just a reference to Neon looking like Dr. McCoy.
Illogical. Living beings cannot look like Dr. McCoy because he's dead, Jim. Aight?

If you persist in this illogical behavior, I shall make an exceptional notation in your Starfleet personnel file.

Ace

I think that'd be great, for you to do something exceptional around here.  

Ace; oh, and you misspelled Starfeet.  At least no one has called them big for awhile.
Ring bells for service.

Andrew S

Neon, Have you recently been in PA? haha, I saw a guy that looked like a texan.  He was wearing a white cowboy hat, and kind of looked like you.  I wanted to say Neon to see if "you" would look over, but i didnt.

I see a pattern developing with these Pictures :)

Neon

Well define "recently". I have been to PA within the past 10 years, but not this year. Unless you count flying over in an airplane, but then you probably wouldn't have seen my hat too well.

There is no pattern to these pictures. Nope. None at all. Totally random.

Andrew S

Well, i guess it wasnt you then, It was at the mall today.  What do you look like? I actually dont remember seeing a picture of you

Neon

Nope, I wasn't at the mall today, but it could always have been one of my doubles. If you had asked one of my doubles, he would have gladly answered to Neon, and probably signed you an autograph.

What do I look like? There's the photo right over there
<-----

Mark H

Geez Louise, am I the only one that knows what Neon looks like? ;)

Ace

Listen, MarhK, you old bird, every body knows what you look like.

Oh; hold it.  Hold on just a minute.  Okay; sorry.  Right.  That's not your photo.. I got confused there, for a minute.  That was the nameless raven from some park or something.  Sorry.  My apologies.  How foolish of me.  

Heh.  "The Fool Is Foolish"... that's kinda funny.  Duh!  Go figure, huh.

Aight, then.  Let's get back to the poast topic, shall we?  Who from the Andy Griffith show would Neon play if Neon was in the Andy Grif

wait a minute.  No, shoot.  That wasn't this poast.  Dangit, that was... some other one.  No, this one was about Johnamazing looking like one of those photos of the guy who had the picture of that other guy

hold it.  dangit, that wasn't this.  What the...  Oh, ok.  I remember; Bar Jokes.  Jokes that Should Be Barred.  JOkes by Wade that were recalled at the factory by order of the courts due to

Criminy.  where did this all start.  It had to be about something.  The light at the end of the tunnel sure isn't my train of thought.  

Aiht.  It'll come to me.  In the meantime, let's wish Dude a happy birthday.  

Ace; if that's a picture of Neon, he sure can't sing.
Ring bells for service.

Wade777

I'm too lazy to read the entire poast.. so I'm just making my own little poast in this poast that I know nothing about.. Although when I was scrolling thru it I saw the word Texan.
Need a custom computer?
Check out my website:
http://www.microhardcomputers.com

Ace

YES!  THAT'S IT!  CRIMINY, I knew it'd come to me!!!  Texas!  Tejas!  THat's what we were talking about.  How many poasters are from Texas!  

There's Wade, and Neon... Well, and probably others.  Ok!  That's what we were trying to figure out.  Great.  Thanks, Wade!  

Now if I could just remember that dang movie that's coming out.. it was something about Texas. Dangit, I can't remember what it was, though.  Some deal about Texans, and something very memorable...  dang...  huh.

Well, it'll come to me.  Probably.  

Ace; I wonder if Dude is in Texas.  Maybe he was another one.
Ring bells for service.

Andrew S

Neon, I remember seeing that pic before, but didnt remember who it was. I guess it was your double i saw in the mall that day., It looked EXACTLY like your picture, same hat and stuff.  Looked like the same guy

Did somebody clone you?

Neon

No sir; cloning humans is illegal in Texas. We gotta lotta dudes here, though. And Wade. And also guys named Bubba, and Bubba Joe, and Bubba Travis, and Bubba Herbert Walker.

Ace, what did you mean I sure can't sing? I was in all-state choir in high school. Belted out a mean Greensleeves in barbershop, and my solo specialty was Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. It always got the room rolling.

pat

How many Texans live in Texas anyway?
Are they all as handsome as Neon? Nice hat, you look a lot like that guy who just got fired from priceline.
I hope that all turns out all right.
Aight

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

I'm trying to envision a "mean Greensleeves."  Kind of a nasty, metal version.  Danii Filth doing "Greensleeves."  Axel Rose.  Ozzy.  Maybe "Whose Child is This"...  

Ok; sure.  I could see Neon doing that.  I don't know if I'd like to hear it, but I could see it.  Maybe we could get sound here, in the room.  That'd be cool.  Your own picture, and then sound.  

Not smells, though.  I know that would get out of hand fast.

Maybe King Diamond doing Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds.   You know that song was supposedly about drugs; I think it was cocaine.

When I was in a band in HS, we played almost the entire White Album.  That was adventurous, if not easy to dance to.  "Bungalo Bill" got the room rolling, as did "Happiness is a Warm Gun."

Criminy, there are enough poasters, living and dead, who believe that.

Ace; got the room rolling right out the door.
Ring bells for service.