• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

The Audition of Paul Potts

Started by Whizbang, December 22, 2007, 09:52 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

I hate opera, but this guy is absolutely unreal.  He was the hands down overwhelming winner in Britain's version of American Idol.  The poor guy never even got to finish the first 15 seconds of his music before the house started coming apart. 

Paul Potts  Watch the total change in expression on all faces.

scuzzy

That absolutely floored me. Unbelievable raw talent.

I have never seen anyone bring the house down so quickly. I also enjoyed watching Amanda literally gasp from being taken aback.

I don't think anyone saw that coming.

Scuzzy; wow.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Whizbang

I had tears in my eyes the first ten times I listened to it.  That is without a doubt the fastest rags to riches and fame that I have ever witnessed.  Amanda had to regather herself, and Simon for once did not act like a total idiot, and was almost human.   ;D

scuzzy

I watched it again with the family and everyone's jaw dropped to the floor. My wife also had to recompose herself, and I was right behind her. I don't recall when I last had a performer actually take my breath away, but this guy did.

I still can't believe what a stunning performance that was. It's too bad the audience did not give him the opportunity to finish, although I can't blame them. Had I been there, I too would have been giving him a standing and screaming ovation. I might have run onto the stage just to give him a hug.

Scuzzy; I just had my socks knocked off. Again.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Bill

Whiz,
the original show you linked is terrific.  The final performance was even better.  It's on the same page.
Just outstanding talent.
Every time I listened I turned up the volume.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

I remember him appearing on "America's Got Talent" as the emmissary from "Britain's Got Talent."  Anything that makes Sharon Osbourne speechless if fine by me.

I'm not sure how he would've reacted to a barefoot breathless American cop running up to hug him... If it was his birthday, I guess he wouldn't have minded too much.

Ace; either's.
Ring bells for service.

Whizbang

The problem I have with opera is the stuffed shirt attitude so many have.  There is a certain decorum that is expected and a certain undefinable coldness that almost always makes the aftermath simply a critique of presentation at tea parties with curled pinkies.  The reason for the "Paul Potts' effect" can be found in his own words; he was bullied as a youth.  Boys tend to bully other boys who are not aggressive because they are marked as being "sissies."  There is a tenderness in Paul Potts that is extremely rare in a man.  It is a transparency that is unclouded by arrogance or personal self-esteem.  What you are seeing is the gentle heart of a man who has no hidden agenda nor false pretense.  Others have his voice, but none has his heart.