• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

YOUR AMERICAN IDOL

Started by Ace, February 27, 2008, 11:35 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark H

Jason Castro needs to go with his dreadlocks. Ramiele isn't bad, but not original. Carly is good, but the tattoo is distracting. David Archuleta still looks like a kid. Brooke is my favorite so far with her personality, looks and voice. Kristy Cook isn't bad to look at, but she doesn't have the voice of several others. David Cook is very good if the rock theme holds up. Michael Johns is a tossup with me.  Sayesha is forgettable since I forgot her and had to edit my post to add her.

Mark H; Is one of the last 9 a Poaster's member? Maybe Ace?
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Ace

Shoot, if I'm one of them I'd just as soon be Brooke, too.  Chikeze was living on borrowed time, and although I really think he's a good singer and can do some interesting things he wasn't gonna "hit the heights."  As a tournament, everyone's gonna lose except the top couple-three since those are the ones who are gonna be recorded and around after.  His problem was they didn't like his ballads, but he had to mix things up and not just do a slow start/fast finish arrangement every week, so finally got caught.  Sayesha is ok; I find her incredibly redundant as every single ballad sounds like the "Me and Mrs. Jones" she did. 

I thought David A. looked like a monkey, actually.  Even how he walks.  I'd figure at this point that Jason and Ramiele have voting blocks formed; Jason as the dreamy guy for weepy girls and Ramiele with an Asian-fave block.  Couple years ago a Fillipino girl went way deep in the competition as a group formed that would always vote for her (regardless). 

I'm distracted too when Carly goes sleeveless.  It's just weird for me to have two faces appear, when I watch her.  Maybe her right arm could get an pro-Asian voting block to vote for it.

Ace; I'd vote for Brooke to sing in my living room.  Or upstairs, where the piano is.

Ring bells for service.

Ace

First, let me say the Dolly Parton discography seems a strange and minimal and peculiar one to me as something for the group to drink from.  Granted, she's apparently written some decent songs that other people actually made noteworthy, as were the picks of Carly and Sayesha.

Under my category of "Death On Two Legs" for whom would seem soon to depart Idol:
Ramiele (please, make her gone)
Jason (anytime now)

I think she's cloying and bothersome when she stomps around, and he's phony as all get out.  Otherwise, Brooke did an ok but pretty ordinary ditty with Jolene. Interesting instrumentation; really don't know why that bothered Simon so much but despite what he says he does NOT like country music, much.  In contrast, Michael's band really enabled him to shine on his blues number.  Archuleta was in fine voice, I thought.  Carly really did well, to me; again, not sure why her wardrobe now bothers Simon.  David Cook did an ok Sparrow, with Simon again hating songs about birds (as he proved earlier on Carly's "Blackbird").  Guess he wound up hospitalized, and released, after. (?).

Thought Sayesha was "in her wheelhouse" on the Dolly/Whitney tune.  Granted, she can't really sing like Whitney Houston.  Heck, Whitney Houston can't sing like Whitney Houston.

Kristy Cook was safe, just being allowed in a country mode.  It's going to be a change of pace that will knock her out. 

I don't know what next week would hold... The Lee Greenwood catalog?  Roy Clark?  Marilyn Manson?  Maybe the Paula Abdul Songbook? 

Ace; Anything of Queens of the Stone Age "Songs For The Deaf"...

Ring bells for service.

Mark H

The bottom two should be Jason and Ramiele. I am not sure who else would join them as the bottom three. I liked Brooke's performance and don't see Simon's problem with it either. Brooke continues to be one of my favorites, but there are some guys that are darn good as well like David A. and David C.

Mark H; Is it a good thing that I agreed with Ace?

Ace

"It is what it is."

That has become my favorite saying...  By golly, it works for all occasions. 

Let me look over what I said earlier... maybe I can disagree with something, and then you'd be in the clear.

Ace; anniversary commemoration.. birthday celebration... people agreeing with me.... this must be the biggest April Fool's Joke of all time...
Ring bells for service.

Ace

"Ding Dong, The Dwarf is Dead..."

I enjoyed the tiny teary send off tremendously Ramilamadingdong Mulababy.  'Bout time.  I dearly love the Clark Brothers, having seen them make it through the "great American Band" competition and winning that.  They bring a level of intensity that probably frightened some people there last night.

I enjoyed watching Ryan stumble with his laptop and call up the wrong person on the Q and A.  You know, now that they know David Cook has high blood pressure they can really toy with him...

I assume David and Kristy Cook aren't related.  Also that David Cook and David Archuleta aren't related.   

I'll have to see if J's prognosis proves true.  I'm good with the progression, so far.  Each week it's been a "so and so ought to leave now" and they have, so I hope the cream rises.  Or sours, then it can float in chunks.

That was one mixed up metaphor, huh.  Well, "it is what it is."  I think Simon calling Carly "cute" is probably pretty scary to Carly, too.  Especially if he wants to dress her.

Ace; poor kid.  Apparently the tattoo didn't scare him off.

Ring bells for service.

Ace

Ok, now.. I've seen enough of those CSI Law and Order Serial Killer of the Week shows to know that if someone starts covering their walls with photos of a special someone, particularly in various stages of expression, that's not necessarily a good thing...

Heh.  Maybe we could get Kristy Cook's email and tell her "hey, do you know there's this guy who, when he's not dipping his toes in Lake Erie, is recording your every move and then cutting and pasting and printing and papering his walls with images of you..?"  That oughta make her glad she got famous. 

Ace; it'd take twice as many photos of Ramiele or David A. to cover a wall.
Ring bells for service.

Mark H

All of the remaining women have been in the bottom three so far and Kristy is a fixture in the bottom two. She made a mistake by saying she would be in the bottom three with the note. She also makes the mistake of stating that she hopes _______ likes her performance. Kristy needs to show more confidence and not make those statements or write those notes. By doing so, she is spelling her own doom.

How is the heck did Brooke end up in the bottom three instead of Jason????

Mark H; I would buy Brooke's CD.

Ace

I'd agree; Kristy's fate as a fixture and resignation was a lot like Amanda's the Bride of Skunkenstein.  A "I guess I'm really not into this, so I probably will leave soon" deathwish.

I'm thinking there is a voting block still of emotionally spent girls voting for the dreamy Dred.  Which is probably why mature males aren't buying into his act.

I too would consider videotaping/burning/photographing/printing/wallpapering Brooke around the house.  I'd just have to get buy-in from the wife.  Or, even listening to her.

editor's note; in reading that, my unclear antecedent could be interpreted as I may even listen to MY WIFE.. I mean Brook.  Geez, I have to listen to my wife.  At least that's what she says.  Dangit, did it again... "She" = "wife"  Why is English so hard...

Which begs a question; who in the world wants to LISTEN to Jason...?

Ace; Simon is "He Who Shall Not Be Named"... Hey; if Carly married him she'd be Carly Simon.

Ring bells for service.

Ace

I wonder if some people pronounce that "Awnt-a-see-dent".  I say "Ant-a-see-dent."

Hey, you already got credit for pushing this to page 4 (dangit; I was putting my poast together when you sent yours).  No fair padding your stats by answering yourself 3 times in a row...  criminy, what some people won't do to get their totals up and the monthly commission here.

Nah, I knew you were preserving Kristy for prosperity.  Or eternity.  Whichever.  Probably better hurry, because she might be gone in another week...

"Jack The Stalker"... not exactly as threatening as "Ripper" but I guess it's ok.  I know what you mean by being fascinated by women, from a young age.  Me too.  Well, not so much "women" as a 1st grader but at least younger ones in proximity. 

Ace; if Brooke married a jester she'd be Brooke Fools.
Ring bells for service.

LinS

I thought Ramiele would bite the dust last week (see earlier post), so I wasn't too surprised last night. I did not get to watch the award show drama last night because I was at a school fundraiser with 500 Jersey girls (moms)  in attendance.  JA, Ace, you shoulda been there...you would have been Jersey Idols for the night!

LinS; I'm miffed no one is English Language Dancing with the Stars.

scuzzy

I watched Idol last night for the first time, and I just don't get it. The whole thing left me saying, "Huh?"

I suppose it's like the program LOST, which is appropriately named since that's how you'll feel if you haven't watched every minute of every episode. Such is the case for me with Idol.

Scuzzy; you'd think they'd provide a map with a "X" stating, "YOU ARE HERE".
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Ace

If it's anything like my right toe then it'd be more of a fungus than a virus.

Geez Louise, you Scuzzy Come Lately's.  This is the greatest talent show in the History of The World.  I've been there from the onset; the Epic Battle between Kelly Clarkson and Justin Guarino.  The Underdog Wars of Bo Bice and Chris Daughtry as He Who Shall Not Be Named (winner. but shoulda).  The 2nd Place Win of Clay Aiken. 
Carrie Underwood's Country.  The MIAmazing Disappearance of Fantasia, Ruben, Jordin, Kat, and Sanjaya.  Oh; and Taylor Hicks, the Great White Hopeless.  Blake, the Vanilla Ice.  (as in "what can you see through, that's vanilla.").  The  Phenomenal Transformation of Kelly Pickler, and we're not talkin' about her voice.

It is America's Choice for Our Next Idol.  If you still worship Idols, it's right up there.  Sort of the Golden Calf of Competitions.  Usually, they get melted down right after and sold off.  Some real stiffs, much like you'd find on Easter Island.

This year happens to actually seem to feature talented singers; more, and better, than has been the case.  Coming in on the voting day sendoff, and not the actual singing, is sorta beside the point.  Watch it on Tuesday; Wed is simply results.  As noted by the judges it IS a popularity contest.  I guess if you're looking to be a Pop Idol, that's not exactly impertinent.  They also will try to suggest it's a fashion statement.  If you want that, then tune into Tyra Banks berating anorexic women into submission.

I'd equate Tyra Banks' talent to Kristy Cook's horse.  I don't know, the horse might look ok in swimwear, too.

Ace; plus, Idol is a lot easier to follow than "Lost."  At least as far as flashbacks.

Ring bells for service.

pat

I did watch part of one last week or the week before, sort of reminded me of professional wrestling. Sorry to say it just isn't my cup of tea. I do enjoy watching along with all yours comments and predictions on who is up and who is down and soon to be out, probably more entertaining than the actual show.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Yeah, "Pat" (if that's your real name...); what else ya gonna watch, huh?  Professional Wrestling?

You know, that is on Friday nights now...  I gotta admit that's a level of stupid beyond anything found in nature.

Actually, if you don't care for Idol you can wander off into Oblivion.  I haven't done that for awhile; I did go back and goosed my resolution with the two cards to max it out but didn't hang around.  I've gotten so caught up in shooting people in COD 1-2-4 that I haven't done others. I really ought to go see how my Nord is doing; he probably misses me.  Actually, he's probably shacked up with that cute shopkeeper in Bruma...

Ace; there are horses, but I haven't seen Kristy Cook there.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Quote from: Ace on April 04, 2008, 10:26 hrs
Yeah, "Pat" (if that's your real name...); what else ya gonna watch, huh?  Professional Wrestling?

You know, that is on Friday nights now...  I gotta admit that's a level of stupid beyond anything found in nature.

Yeah, my point, exactly.

Oh well, different strokes for different folks, enjoy the show......................
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

I think my Avatar might fit in well with professional wrestling...

You know, the show I really enjoy is Heck's Kitchen (I assume the chatroom 4-letter scanner and transmogrifryer will change it if I put the actual name).  I love seeing Chef Gordon berate browbeat bludgeon and chase off the kitchen wannabies.  I just wish they didn't edit it. 

American Idol isn't meant to be enjoyed.  It's a love-hate affair.  Well, love-like-tolerate-detest-scream at affair. It stirs passions, and makes you shake your head at 1. How deranged people are who mistakenly think themselves talented.  2. How out of touch and hearing judges are who miss the obvious. 3. How the American public can manipulate and trash voting into something sordid and misguided.

Sorta like primaries that don't count...  You know, like Idol probably should, maybe we oughta run the presidential election as a vote-off, and be able to nominate the one you DON'T want as president. 

Of course, what you'd need to do is have not only the legitimate (see "talented") candidates, like on Idol, but also include
1. Fidel Castro  2. Putin  3. The Guy Who Stands In, For Putin  4. Imelda Marcos (Ramiele..)  5. Mel Gibson  6. Paris Hilton  7. Jim Carey  8. Harry Carray 

But not Charleton Heston.  Oh, and Michael Richards can talk on the issue of race in today's America.

When I was a kid, my grandmother watched wrestling.  That was the era of Dick the Bruiser and Georgeous George.  And geez louise, did she believe it was real.

Ace; I was more inclined to watch Roller Derby...  Or Flash Gordon.
Ring bells for service.

Mark H

Quote from: Ace on April 03, 2008, 12:21 hrs
Ace; Simon is "He Who Shall Not Be Named"... Hey; if Carly married him she'd be Carly Simon.

Actually, Carley's mother stated that she heard Carley Simon on the radio on the way to the hospital and decided to name the baby Carley since she didn't already have name for her. It is funny that the girl named after Carley Simon would be the same name if she married the guy who said she was cute and needs to dress better.

Mark H; David Cook is the real one to beat in the competition, but I still like Brooke and Carley.

pat

Quote from: Ace on April 06, 2008, 10:00 hrs
I think my Avatar might fit in well with professional wrestling...

It should, scares the heck out of me.

pat

Well, just be careful with that thing. May just come at you some night like that Chucky doll thing did in those crazy movies.

Dang thing gives me nightmares..................

pat

Have you looked closely at that thing?

Does the word ââ?¬Å?Malevolentââ?¬Â mean anything to you?

Jeez, that thing is creepy.

Ace

I'll tell ya what's funny... I don't know how much yours looks like you, but that actually does resemble me.

Although it took me about 8 passes to do the top of the head; and then it came out kinda lumpy and pretty true to form.

Ace; I guess now you can spot me at Hacienda.  "Hello.  I'm here to meet someone who looks malevolant.  Oh, and he's in a Nike cap."

Ace; that oughta narrow it down.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Well in real life you'll find that my eyes are blue and I am somewhat better filled out than that, but I do wear glasses and smile most of the time.

Other than that, pretty close.

scuzzy

Okay, Pat's avatar now has blue eyes and a couple extra pounds.

Looks like the real thing to me.

Scuzzy; Ace's avatar looks like Freddie Fender doing an imitation of Freddie Blassie.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Bill

And pray tell, what might be the problem with Charleton Heston?  Other than he's now dead.  "They can take my gun from my cold dead hand" now seems like the time, but sounds like Presidential material to me.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

I don't know; I think being dead would be enough to have wrong with you.  In "Ghost Whisperer" it seems most of them take the stance of "Well, sure, I'm dead, but all in all I feel pretty good."  Most of them seem angry about it, though.

I don't know if Charleton is cold, though.  It hasn't been that long.  They sure can't bury him with that long rifle... He shoulda gone with an AK-47 or something stubbier than a musket if he wanted it to fit in a casket.

I was gonna do my avatar's eyes as brown, but since my lenses darken in the sun it doesn't matter.  I wish I could lose weight in that right leg.

I don't think I've ever actually been described as Freddy Fenderish; I gotta look up who Freddie Blassie is.  I feel Blase, but most of that is probably being Monday.

Ace; I do not smile most of the time.

editor's note:  PAGE 5! BY ME! HOW COOL IS THAT!

Ring bells for service.

Bill

Yo, Dog. Check it out...Check it out....it was just OK.  Going to page 5 was a little pitchy...yeah it is just, oh, a little boring and probably forgettable.

Bill

Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Mark H

Wow! did this thread get off track or what???

Mark H; Idol is the topic of discussion

Ace

Made you look...

Hey, the topic is Your American Idol.  Nobody said it had to stick to the "show." 

Ace; Charleton Heston was American, and an Idol.  Was.

Ring bells for service.

Bill

Yeah, and besides "on topic" only applies to the Rooms upstairs.  If this room stayed on topic, there would be nothing to read.

Bill