• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Free Satellite TV on PC? Is this legit?

Started by Whizbang, May 22, 2007, 17:51 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

Free TV  There is a $67.00 program to buy first though.

scuzzy

Oh, this is just great. Now Ace is going to try this service using his dial-up modem. The disastrous result will be every TV satellite around suddenly coming to a grinding halt and falling from orbit.

Aside from that, this seems wrong from every angle. It looks like another qet rich quick scheme in which the sucker consumer makes someone else rich.

Scuzzy; Please stand by.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Chandler

These sort of things are so common in the UK, particularly on the likes of eBay.  In most cases they are a scam pure and simple and either:
a) give you a listing of FREE internet streams
b) give you a cracked version of a legitimate program

I'm not saying that this is either of the above, but it just doesn't look right - the web site has the appearance of a get rich quick type scheme which will probably disappear in a few weeks once they've scammed enough people.

saoirse

Indeed.

That $67 will pay for a link to software (it's essentially reselling an otherwise freely available product) and/or websites linking to free tv and otherwise, illegal streams. 

Total nonsense. 

Whizbang

I wasn't going to take the bait, but I was curious as to the legality of it.

Whizbang

The thing that turned me off was that the program was not a trial of "free for 30 days".  Most legitimate programs, all of Microsoft offerings excluded, have free period of evaluation.  I must also agree that the very decor of the website suggests that they are selling snake oil.