• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Links not working

Started by FDDIMan, April 19, 2003, 10:44 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

FDDIMan

There is someone that I know that is having a problem with the links working in OE6. When the e-mail is sent to her with a link in it the link wont work. You can still click on it like a link and is still colored like a link but wont go to the site.

dcsun

Are you sure there's no period or comma being included at the end of it?

FDDIMan

There is no comma or periods at the end of the links. The only way I can get them to open is to save the taget to the HDD and go from there but this a huge hassle to this everytime. Could this have something to do with the mail format? If so can how can I change this?

pat

Here is a link to a knowledge base article that may help.
Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser

Here is another link to a great resource for Outlook Express if you need further resource material.

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

FDDIMan

Thanks for the help. I fixed this by going to the Internet Properties, program tabs and just hit the reset web settings button. This solved the problem but I didn't see anything that it changed so I still don't know why it happened.