• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

IOGear GCS932U DVI KVM

Started by pat, November 14, 2008, 12:56 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

pat

I bought an IOGear GCS932U at newegg last week and received it Monday. They had it on sale for 60$ off the regular 149$. I've been looking for a decent DVI KVM switch for some time now. I tried an IOGear GCS1762 earlier this year, but unfortunately it didn't work at all and I returned it.

I'm happy to say that this one is working fine, video resolution is great, the picture on my monitor is crisp and clear, sound switching works as advertised. All the extra programmable buttons on my keyboard as well as all the extra buttons on my mouse work just fine. I'm using a Logitech Comfort keyboard/mouse combo with the Setpoint software installed. The unit takes up no space at all and just lays there behind the desk. It did come with the manual switch, but I'm not using it, the hotkey switching works fine and what's the point of using a wireless keyboard/mouse to only introduce an extra wire into the mix. I did try it though and it works fine.

I did follow the manufacturer directions and made sure power to both computers were off (switched off power supplies) before installing the device. I even took it the extra step and connected my keyboard/mouse directly to each system to make sure everything was working right.

I had been in contact with Aten. Aten and IOGear are the same company and both offer basically the same products under different model numbers. It's funny some of the similar products are offered at similar price points and some are widely different, so shop around. Anyway they (supposedly) offer a 30 day free trial of their products at their website and I contacted them to see about that. After a week of emails I gave up on that and saw the IOGear on sale and just went for it.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64