• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Best Sucker I Have Ever Seen!

Started by Whizbang, October 08, 2007, 22:58 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

OK, don't panic, but this one is deserving of mention, even though this is a weird poast.  This is a plug for the best vacuum cleaner I have ever seen and used.  Our vacuum finally got its last rites yesterday, if it ever had any rights at all.  My wife could not use it because she suffers from years of canning that pulled her thumbs out of joint and caused bone spurs that prevent her thumbs from being able to stay in place.  I inherited the vacuuming job completely and really hated it because the bulky piece of junk was difficult to move and just did not work well.  Last night, the thing decided to lose a wheel and putting it back on made the thing even worse because I tightened all the screws and made it even more obnoxious.

I decided to search on line for the best buy and ruled out Dyson because this unit had the highest rating of all, at about $200.00 less than Dyson at $349.00 and is rated as equal to or better than Dyson.  I purchased it on sale for $275.00  It is a Kenmore Progressive 36933, rated as America's best bagless vacuum.  Since this is a computer forum and I don't want to change objectives here, I will just poast the one pic and include lnks to the others.  I am poasting this because Christmas is approaching and also because this is the most phenomenal vacuum I have ever used.

(Please ignore the cat bowls.   :-[  )

This unit glides very easily and does not tire me out.  In addition, it is computer controlled and has optical detection of the dirt so that you can see how dirty the floor is by watching the LED array on the front.  You know when the floor is clean when the green LED comes on.
Please excuse the blur on the pics, but I had to snap the pics quickly when the right light was on.

LED Array

Dirty

Green and Clean

Touchpad (This picture is upside down in order to read it because it is turned that way on the vacuum since it is read by looking down)

When the InteliCLEAN pad is selected, the motor runs at top speed for very dirty and steps down as the optical sensor detects less dirt.  The extension cord actually remains fairly cool, unlike every other vacuum I have tried.  This is the most pleasant-to-use unit I have ever tried and no longer dread Saturday vacuuming.  Both my wife and I were amazed to see the vacuum begin drawing dirt from up to 6 inches away in front of the unit on a bare floor.  Cleanup is also easy with a simple sliding release that also acts as a dirt release when the cannister handle is raised.

Primary filter cleaning is not easy, and HEPA filter cleaning is virtually impossible. At least the primary filter can be washed gently and let dry before using.  A small paint stick sponge or paint brush probably would be ideal for a quick dry clean.   Our floor was really dirty, even after vacuuming every week, and sometimes twice in a week for many years.  The accumulated dirt was as much as we normally get out in five or six weeks of regular vacuuming.  We decided not to clean the high trafiic path to the back door all at once, but would do it over several cleanings. 

I give this sucker an A+.   8)  (Well it did have a computer onboard, I guess, and when it comes to computers, I'm for 'um.    :P       )

Bill

But how does it handle Vista?

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

Ace

Shoot, my vacuums download as much as they upload.  I've got a couple cheap yellow ones.  I think one is a Eureka, and the other might be a Hoover.  I bought yellow since Dyson's are usually yellow, so I figured that would work better.  They're both bagless, which is ok by me.  Although I usually spill some when I'm working the container out. 

I'd probably be going over the floor for an hour, waiting for the green light...  I've been at intersections with a flashing red light that long, waiting for it to change.

I did buy one at Sears, so I guess it's a least related to the Purple Particle Eater shown.  It's funny you'd mention appliances as a Christmas present.. at our house typically my dad would buy my mom a mixer, or hair curlers, or maybe a new shaver if he was feeling romantic as a Christmas present.  It seemed appropriate she'd get household items, and we'd get cool stuff.  So, sure, buy the wife a new vac I say.  I'd rather get toys...

Ace; I wonder if all vacuums are made in the same Chinese factory, and they just paint them differently...

Ring bells for service.