• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Connecting mouse to notebook

Started by LugwidVanB, May 17, 2009, 02:30 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

LugwidVanB

I got good feedback regarding my assisting a lady friend in trying to connect a printer to her HP Pavilion Notebook so it would operate wireless. I have another question. Assuming the notebook has a free USB port (I don't have access to the notebook at the moment) can I install and operate a Microsoft IntelliPoint 4.0 wireless mouse without installing any other hardware or software? I bought the thing years ago but it wouldn't work on my win98 computer. Thanks for any input.

Bill

The Intellipoint software is available for free from a variety of places on the web.  The mouse will work better with the software than without.

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

LugwidVanB

I'm glad you mentioned that because I have the cd (ver 4.1) that came with the mouse and while the thing seems to be half way working it is useless. The cursor freezes and yiou have to right click it toi get it moving. Invariably the cursor is frozen over something so that when I click something bad happens. The cursor is also slow. If I can't find software that makes it work without constantly right clicking I will just dump this thing in the garbage bin where it needs to go and use the fingerpad.

LugwidVanB

I found a later version (5._) and dl it. It had no effect. I meant to say I have to constantly left click, not right click. I don't know what others have experienced with this mouse but it has been a piece of junk from day one.