• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

No End in Sight

Started by pat, September 26, 2007, 19:16 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

pat

I think this movie should be required viewing for everyone. 

For the most part here I'll just keep my views to myself, I'm afraid I may just go off on a rant. I'll just provide a synopsis from their web site and encourage anyone who gets a chance to see this fine film do so.

No End in Sight

The first film of its kind to chronicle the reasons behind Iraqââ?¬â?¢s descent into guerilla war, warlord rule, criminality and anarchy, NO END IN SIGHT is a jaw-dropping, insiderââ?¬â?¢s tale of wholesale incompetence, recklessness and venality. Based on over 200 hours of footage, the film provides a candid retelling of the events following the fall of Baghdad in 2003 by high ranking officials such as former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage, Ambassador Barbara Bodine (in charge of Baghdad during the Spring of 2003), Lawrence Wilkerson, former Chief of Staff to Colin Powell, and General Jay Garner (in charge of the occupation of Iraq through May 2003) as well as Iraqi civilians, American soldiers, and prominent analysts. NO END IN SIGHT examines the manner in which the principal errors of U.S. policy ââ?¬â?? the use of insufficient troop levels, allowing the looting of Baghdad, the purging of professionals from the Iraqi government, and the disbanding of the Iraqi military ââ?¬â?? largely created the insurgency and chaos that engulf Iraq today. How did a group of men with little or no military experience, knowledge of the Arab world or personal experience in Iraq come to make such flagrantly debilitating decisions? NO END IN SIGHT dissects the people, issues and facts behind the Bush Administrationââ?¬â?¢s decisions and their consequences on the ground to provide a powerful look into how arrogance and ignorance turned a military victory into a seemingly endless and deepening nightmare of a war.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

I'd like to see people dissected.  I like gory horror films as much as the next guy.  At first, I thought "No End In Sight" might be about mine, so glad it's just a war film and not some personal attack.

Did Clint Eastwood make it?  He sure is all over those war in the Pacific films.  From Both Sides Now, as Judy Collins used to try to sing.  I'm glad we finally made it outta Vietnam, in spite of these idiots who suggest we still should be THERE.  Especially since they're discovering new snakes, and creepy stuff. 

I know one thing we can't seem to comprehend is that, over there, people's allegiance is to their family, clan, faith, locale, nation.  Probably in that order, typically.  It'd be like expecting any groups with centuries of animosity and distrust joining hands and singing "Kumbaya" in the interest of national unity.  Plus, in a democracy, majority rules.  So if you put together a nation of 3 general subdivisions, and one is bigger than the others, and it just so happens that one has been the one subjugated and stuffed under the recently-ruling minority, well guess who's gonna take the opportunity to get back...

My loyalty is first to This Room.  And These Poasters.  That comes before all.  Then dinner.  Then, probably football, at least in the fall.  I guess I could be the Poaster Child of wholesale incompetence, recklessness and whatever that last one meant.  Too.

Ace; "No End In Sight" sounds like a lot of my poasts.
Ring bells for service.

Bill

No wait, I see it. V                             

THE END

Bill
Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit