• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

PCstation

Started by Igloo, September 18, 2005, 14:07 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Igloo

Here's one FreeLance will like  8)

Playstation 2 mod.

Well, I my friend had an old Playstation 2, that stopped working, and he got one of the small flat playstation 2s.

This meant there was a spare ps2 case lying around, so I asked very nicely if I could have it (yes, I offered him money for it). Thankfully he was kind and gave it to me, as long as he can come and play with the finished product. (I will possibly give it to him, as his current pc is crap).

Originally, it was to replace my scratched ps2 case, but then I thought about how loads of people have been putting Micro itx boards into anything they can find, toasters,  waffle irons, stereo systems, and more!

So I checked the web, and low and behold, there was one very badly done Playstation 2 mod (wires hanging off all over the place) here so I decided that I would do it, but still keep the design and aesthetics of the playstation case, this was going to be a challenge, but I rose to it with honour.

I stripped bear the case, and I got a bit carried away at this, and didn?t take pictures oops!

But anyway, the case is in 2 layers, with a divider, so on the bottom goes the hard drive, and power supply parts. On the top layer, a slim dvd rom / dvd-rw unit, and the Mini-itx motherboard.

This means that this case will be heavy, but it won?t matter, as it?s the size it is! And it will look dang cool!!

So, here are some tasters, the hard drive in its case (it is installed in the expansion bay that was on the playstation, and fits well, the blanking plate had to be modded (cut down to a flat surface, bring out the jigsaw and the drill sander :) ))

Hidden!!!

I had to make a Molex plug, and I broke 2 in the making, but the last one works like a charm, and means that it all fits nicely! The ide cable runs nicely up through a pre made hole, (Sony really must have seen me coming?. :D )

And because it?s black, it means that it blends in nicely too.

That?s as far as I have got. Please tell me what you think!

And also, any recommendations for Mini-ITX motherboards, I?ve been looking at the ones that take Intel Pentium M processors, what are these proc?s like? I?m an AMD user with my other computers.
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
2x 250gb Maxtor S-ata drives
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM