• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

ACE KILLS CHATROOM HUNDREDS PERISH

Started by Ace, February 19, 2003, 06:24 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace

Well, it would seem.  Criminy.

Like one of those "suicide" bombers or subway assassins who wants to do himself in but winds up taking out a buncha other people, while surviving.  You just wanna shoot some people, sometimes.

Probably why I don't own a gun, but stay away from those who do.  It's just self-preservation.  Not like Ted Williams; different than that.

Maybe everybody is just laying low; figuring if the groundhog comes out, they should stay in.  Bin Laden just came out, but I wouldn't take that as a sign of an early spring.  A panda will never see its shadow, since it's laying on it.

We're having a warm up and snow melt here in the snow belt.  The warmer climes, like Indy and east, even the "southern city" of DC, are buried.  Go figure.  Guess they need a great lake to move in.

I suppose I still gotta work, even to an empty room.  At least there aren't any hecklers.  A jester's work is never done.  Never that good, either.  

Heck, maybe I was fired and missed it.  I don't know if you can get Unemployment Compensation from that.  I've never bothered with it, as it's too much of a hassle and I know how those people work.  In the levels of bureaucracy Dante wrote about, they're just upstairs from the Social Security Administration and a floor down from the License Bureau.  Down the hall from Voc Rehab.

I wish I had a joke, or jest.  Something starting with "j."  A jump shot.  I could try, but I gotta figure I could hurt myself.  I had a dream I was playing basketball, last night, and I better keep it that way.

I wish I could dunk.  I'm gonna shower in awhile, so I suppose that's close enough.

Ace; the voice in the wilderness.  Oooooohh.   Oooooooooooh.  

Ring bells for service.

Neon

Ace, shouldn't you be down in your basement, making homemade duct tape to strangle terrorists with?

And if you want to dunk, drive yourself over to Dunkin's. You can dunk all you want. The best part is that when you drink the last swig of coffee, there are sprinkles at the bottom!

Neon -- walked on the court at Assembly Hall once, but didn't dunk.
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

pat

NO NEED TO YELL.

Do you think were all deaf here? Or, is that some kind of 21-gun salute?
I did\?t expect that.

No need to lament over missed snow showers; it was a good miss, if you ask me.

Anyway, did you all get a chance to see the new remake of that old classic Dragnet?
Starring Ed O?Neill, AKA Al Bundy as Friday. What a hoot, what with the jazzed up theme song and all. I thought it was going to be a comedic parody. Nope just good old Friday with the ?just the facts Madam ? attitude.

Dumb da Dumb Dumb?.. Dumb da Dumb Dumb DUMB.

Oh well anything is better than all that reality TV.
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Ok, I've got a stupid question.  Like I'd have any other.

First off; I'm seeing these \ backslashes all over creation, and they weren't there when I poasted.  What's up with that?

And; I cannot get the smiley face dudes to take, and I can't change the font color or use any of the alteration keys, here...  What happened to them?  They're there, but nothing works when I poast.

Joe Friday was ok; Akroyd as him was just frightening.  Bundy is two too many.

I don't have a "basement."  I have a lower level, being a tri-level.  The crawlspace has the furnace and a confluence of boxes.  

I'm waiting for Joe Millionaire and Zora or Zora or Xena or whatever her name is to have a kid.  On TV.  With Michael Jackson as the surrogate mother.

Ace; American Idol's on in half an hour.  Simon's right; they are fat, and not in a good way.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Which smile are you having trouble with\\?
This one, :) \\? this one  ;) or one of these  \\ :D  \\ ;D  \\ >:(
\\ :(     \\ :o  \\ 8)   \\ ???   \\ ::)   \\ :P

Perhaps your Monarch needs to migrate to Mexico with the rest of the butterfly\'s for the winter. :-\\\\
SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Ace

Ok; keep up with me on this.
NONE of the smiley faces will insert.  None of the YABBC tags work.  None of the colors or other alterations work.  And there are backslashes \\ popping up all over creation...

Ace;  what the.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Sorry for my lame attempt at humor.  ::)
The tags are currently under construction and the backslashes are a small but fun glitch. I?m sure it will all be taken care of soon.

Neon

Ace, we are aware of the problem, it is being investigated. Do not panic. Do not attempt to adjust your monitor. If the problem persists, you can use your emergency duct tape to cover all the \\\\s directly on your monitor.

As a temporary measure, you can use the emergency plastic to take impressions of the face of a volunteer that can express the various smiley faces. Scan in the faces. We will return to our normal forum soon.
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

Ace

LOOKOUT!!!CRIMINYTHE WHOLE PLACE IS INFECTED WITH BACKSLASHES" DANGIT\\\AND THE STUPID SMILEY FACES ARE BROKEN ALL OF THEM NOT JUST A SELECT FEW GEEZ LOUISE AND SOMEBODY IS YELLING THEIR HEAD OFF AND I REALLY WISH THEY'D STOP IT

Oh.  

Okay, then.  Ok.  Actually, I usually don't even touch the JAG control on my MAG.  It's not my BAG.  I didn't mean to RAG.  Don't GAG.  

Heh.  Now I can see why I'm the Jester.  Oh, and Lookout!!!!!!?!

I didn't realize Pat was doing "humour."  It's so unlike him, usually being flash frozen by the icy winds off the lake.  We Indians here in Indiana are actually quite a humourous lot (I almost said "lout").  Although the depth of our ribaldry is usually in the form of:
"Does that thing have a hemi?"

Ace; I guess I'll just sit tight and wait for a cure.  Well, my pants are tight, if I sit.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Speaking of being flash-frozen, I seem to be suffering a little brain freeze. I have to go over to the Concord Mall in Elkhart tomorrow and I can't remember how to get there. I've been there before, but it has been a while. Since that's on your side of Michiana, perhaps you could help out a pal who is direction-less.
I would be getting on the toll rd unless you know a better way.
Thanks...........

Ace

I remember going to Concord Mall while in High School, as there were no others in the vicinity.

It's on (south) Main street in Elkhart.  Main runs directly through town, N to S.  You may come in on the toll road, which will exit you onto the North end of Elkhart.  If you head south on Nappanee Street after getting off the Toll Road, you'll be one block East of Main (after a couple miles...  Main ends at Bristol Street for its N. end).  Getting on Main, heading South, will bring you right to the Mall after a time.  

33 is the other main drag that runs on a diagonal, behind the mall from North West to South East.  No reason to bother with that, unless you somehow head West and then turn to sneak up on it from behind.

I was going to hit the \ key, to show the direction of 33, but am tired of seeing those so will not.

Ace; I'm not kidding.  This is a public service announcement.
Ring bells for service.

pat

Hey, thanks for that. That does sort of jog the memory some. Just so long as I do not end up in Kokomo. I do not think I would be up for all those dang lights just to turn around and have to do it all over again.
As I remember, the Concord mall was pretty much a wash the last time I was there, perhaps they have spruced the place up some.

I suppose now I will have to take you up on your offer for me to buy you a margarita.

Ace

Yes, I believe now I would have to take you up on my offer to buy you a Margarita.

Wait; you believe now I would have to take me up on your offer for me to buy you a Margarita.

No, dangit; I believe you think now I should take your offer to buy you a Margarita.

Shoot; you believe I would think that you should now offer to take me up on my offer to buy myself a Margarita.

Ok, at least I got served, finally, but that's not it.  

Somehow I see this going to me buying a pitcher, and either you or me drinking it myself.  Besides the cold headache, which is worse than death or near to it, I don't think I'd be lucid after drinking a pitcher of Margaritas.

Unlike now.  Dangit.

Ace; shoot, it's too cold for a dang margarita anyway. Dangit.
Ring bells for service.

JimS

You missed one, Ace.

I poasted in the Hardware Forum, and had a nice, informative discussion with David, John, Pat and 44mayg.  No poast-killing by Ace.  Yet.

Although this is your primary domain, I've been around long enough to know that it is your wont to occasionally venture out and do damage elsewhere.  But this time I got one past you.

Scuzzy must have really scared you to keep you in your room like this.  Scuzzy must really be tough; Bubba hasn't been the same since his admonishment.  I'd better keep my own nose clean.  But I'm feelin' pretty smug right now, that I am...
"I shall pass through this world but once.  Any good I can do, or any kindness that I can show any human being, let me do it now and not defer it, for I shall not pass this way again."
- Stephen Grellet

Ace

No, I do not wont to go into the dang hardware rooms, dangit.  Scuzzy usually is around there, and he carries more hardware than anybody.  Probably has one of those 50 caliber hand cannons, now.  Hope he doesn't shoot off one of the tiny toes off his horribly tiny feet.  Or a whole foot.  Or feet.  

I don't think Bubba's ever been the same, actually.  He's just different, all the time.

Also, nice informative discussions are ok for most folks (or "foalks" as we spell it) but they usually don't hold my attention.  Heck, I don't hold my attention.  Unless it involves me, or furthers my cause, I usually don't get into it.  Or get it.  Either one.  Either.

That last one is pronounced "eye-ther"... that's a dialectic for the day.

Ace;  you know, I just put a shelving unit together, so I can handle hardware...  hmmm.  Maybe I could just peek in, and nothing would die... maybe.

Ring bells for service.