• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Newest Kanotix Ready for Download

Started by Whizbang, September 15, 2006, 20:47 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Whizbang

For all of you living on the edge of your seats with eager anticipation, the latest Kanotix Linux is now available.  I am now downloading the current ISO image.  Kanoitix has been one of the three most friendly Linux versions I have tried.  The other two are Vector and Berry, albeit Berry has been difficult to transfer to hard drive.  After deleting the .72 version to attempt to install the latest .73 version, I have been unable to get either installed again; although the Live CD's work perfectly.

Many of the latest Linux offerings have emphasized very aesthetically pleasing desktops, more than a bit "Windowesque."  Sadly, Fedora still looks like the military version of the Humvee, by comparison and is also a bit bumpy to tweak without one's being good at Linux mechanics.  It is almost humorous that the reason for the greatly improved appearance in the Linux desktop coincides remarkably with Yuichiro Nakada's infatuation with Halle Berry and his naming his version of Linux after the object of his adoration.  Hey, at least the man has good taste.   ;)