• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

proxy server

Started by ahopeter, March 01, 2004, 12:26 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

ahopeter

i am installing a new program, and it is asking me to check or uncheck a box labeled "proxy server"...what is that?  thanks
i'm just another helpless noob without Poasters.  i appreciate the help everyone...thank you!!!

pat

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

Wade777

if you dont know what a proxy server is then chances are you need to uncheck it ;)
Need a custom computer?
Check out my website:
http://www.microhardcomputers.com

ahopeter

i read the link thanks... but still a little confused, what do you think i should do: basically i am running xp and have verizon dsl do i need to check "proxy server", to run this program that is gonna help me back up my computer programs.  thanks
i'm just another helpless noob without Poasters.  i appreciate the help everyone...thank you!!!

pat

What program are you trying to install? Do you have any programs already on your computer that act as a proxy server, AdSubtract for instance?
From the information you gave I would say install with no proxy. You should always be able to change it after if it doesn?t work.

SeaSonic S12 550W, Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Asus M2N SLI-Deluxe, nvidia 9600 GSO, 2x2 gig Crucial Ballistix, LG DVD/RW, 2x Western Digital Black Edition 640gb,  SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22", Canon PIXMA MP600,  Logitech X-230 speakers, Logitech Comfort Duo keyboard & Mouse, Windows 7 64 Home Premium & Vista 64

ahopeter