• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Can't print from laptop

Started by jojo1, February 12, 2005, 22:49 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo1

Here goes: have HP pavilion mx704 desktop as host computer & Emachine 2350, wirelessly routed thru D-Link DI514. Both run Windows XP. About a month ago, hubby downloaded SP2 (for the 2nd time) and crashed the laptop (for the 2nd time). I could shoot him.  Anyway, laptop printed wirelessly from HP 612C deskjet before the crash, but won't now.  I had to do the full system restore on the laptop 2 times 'cause the first time, the internet connection didn't take. I have done the set up wizard several times, connecting all different ways. I have done online chat with HP and we got nowhere. I have re-set the router. Whenever I try to print from Word on the laptop, an error message comes up saying the computer lost the connection to the printer. It's connected directly to the host PC, by the way, and works fine. This printer is over 5 yrs old and I believe, is considered obsolete. Could this be a situation where the 6 month old Emachine has just totally lost the ability to connect to the HP printer? I ask this 'cause when I used the disk supplied with the printer, an error message said the Emachine was not compatible with the printer. But it worked before. I'm at my wits end here. Somebody please help. Thanks.  ???

Bill

Have you tried hooking the laptop directly to the printer, as a test?  Might help isolate the problem.

Antec 3700 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz | 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 PC 5300 Kingston RAM | Antec NeoPower 550W | eVGA GeForce 9500GT 1GB 128 bit PCI Express 2.0 | Intel SSD X25-M 80GB | VelociRaptor 150GB | WD 80GB 7200rpm |Samsung 22x SATA Burner |Windows 7 32-bit

jojo1

Will try that tomorrow and report back. Need sleep. Thx