• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

computer won't start

Started by jclynn67, September 22, 2009, 16:34 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

jclynn67

Hi everyone ... I am new ... need help please!

Hp pentium 4 desktop ...

I shut down my computer and took it out to the camper and went to turn it on in the camper and the fans spun but it wouldn't boot up ... the screen didn't light up ... no beeping ... so I unplugged it and tried again ... this time it beeped but didn't pay attention as I wasn't expecting a problem ... and it started loading and said it had overheated previously ... then shut down on it's own. Now sometimes the fans will spin and sometimes they spin for a second and stop ... but nothing else ... no beeps ... nothing on the monitor. I have taken it in the camper all summer with no problem ... worked fine when I shut it down that morning ... so confused!!! Please help!!!

Thanks,
Jody

Buffalo2102

If it is a desktop PC then it is quite likely that something has worked loose while you were moving it.  I would suggest disconnecting the base unit from the power and then opening it up and re-seating the memory, cards and cables before trying again.

If you hear a series of beeps when it starts, try and note down how many beeps and whether they are long or short beeps.  If you let us know the pattern then we may be able to suss out the issue.

Buff
Vista x64 Home Premium. Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Abit IP35, 4 Gig Kingston HyperX PC8500C5 DDR2, GTX260, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Antec 900 Gaming Case.