• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

MY Build

Started by Igloo, January 11, 2005, 12:42 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Igloo

Well, here goes, this is my system build.

Specs:
?   Motherboard ? gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2
?   CPU ? AMD Athlon XP 3200+
?   Ram ? 1034mb Major Brand ram
?   Case ? Xblade ? with 450watt silent power supply
?   Graphics card ? Ati Radeon 9600 XT 256mb
?   Optical Drives ? 1x Sony DVD-RW dual layer, 1x dvd-rom (16x)
?   Hard Disk Drives ? 1x Maxtor diamond max 9 120gb IDE, 1x ibm Deskstar 60gb IDE, and 1x Maxtor diamond max 10 250gb Sata.
?   Operating system ? Windows XP Pro (sp2)
?   4x blue silent case fans 1x artic cooling silent k7 cooler.

Well, here goes, I want to try and tell it with pictures rather than making you read all my blabber.

The old system:

My Desk:

Some hardware:

Some build shots:

Hard drives:

Were I stuck the cabling:

Front of case:

Case with lights on at night:

That?s my build ;D

igloo
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
2x 250gb Maxtor S-ata drives
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
1x 40gb 1x 60gb IDE drives.
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

slaxorz

Looks like a good build. congrats

Chandler

I bet you can't even hear that CPU fan - those Arctic Cooling HSFs are pretty much silent.  8)  I went through various so called silent HSFs and while the fans themselves were quiet, they transmitted too much vibration to the case via the motherboard.  The Arctic Cooling is on those "stilts" so doesn't do this - it can vibrate as much as it wants, but the vibrations end there.

That's a neat cabling job you've done there.

Igloo

it is amazingly quiet!!

with just the hsf, the powersupply running, its silent!!!

but with the 4 other case fans running its a little louder ;D

still not too bad ;D

i hope to bet a fan controller, probably a thermaltake one. then it will be fine, they dont need to run at full speed, 33oc with all 4 fans at full whack at idle.

i dont need them running on full sped, with 1 exhaust, tis only running at 50oc idle, so running them all at half speed will be better :)

anyway, thanks for the input guys ;D

and thanks for the comments on cabling chandler :)

took me hours to get that right ;)
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

trav

CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

Mark H

I've thought about switching to flat cabling instead of the round IDE cabling I installed, because I can easily hide it behind the motherboard tray. While round cabling looks nice, you just can't make it as neat as hiding flat cabling.
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Neon

That's a rather drive-alicious system you have there, with 3 hard drives, 2 optical drives, and a floppy.

Nice job on the cabling - it looks good.

You have one fan in front, and none in back (excepting the PSU fan). Are you satisfied with the air flow?
Area 64 project|Asus SK8N|nForce3 Pro 150 chipset|AMD Athlon 64 FX-51|2x 512MB Kingston HyperX PC3200R|eVGA GeForce 6800GT|WD Caviar SE 1200JD SATA|Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD+R|Plextor PX-116A 16x DVD-ROM|Lian Li PC-60H1S|Antec TruePower 430W ATX|WinXP x64 edition

Igloo

sorry, i forgot to take a pic of the side panel, whcih contains 1 blue led fan also.

i also added 2 akasa fans to the back, these are also blue... all in all, a very blue case.... :p

any one have any faults with the thermaltake hardcano 12 fan controller?

Igloo
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM
DVD - Rom.
Ubuntu Linux 5.10

slaxorz

I own a thermaltake damier wingo gaming tower case and have had no problems with the fan controler at all. Its the same as the hardcano it just comes with the case.

Internet Addict

I AM AN ADDICT

Igloo

i am getting bored of this pc now, i leave it 24/7, and go to bed, a couple of nights ago, it had restarted itself (i thought this was ok, because i have told windows update to do this, automatically restart after installing updates) then i leaft it on last night, and i check it at about 8 am this morning, and its fine, i go downstairs to make myself a cup of tea, and i come back upstairs with it, the computer is no longer running, so i thought, this is a bit strange, i powered it up, and it hung on the post screen, just after when the GA-700n Pro 2 shows the cpu information, i thought, dang, thats wierd, so i oped of the side cover, unpluged the power supply, and shorted out the cmos, this worked, but after being booted about 15 seconds, the system automativally shut down, the cpu temp which i checked in the bios when i did short it for the 2nd time, was only 48oC this still caused the computer to shut down. the only thing which is on on the mother board, is the power led, this is on constantly now.....  :-\

and the little red led that shows there is power to the mother board.

i dont know weither this is a failing power supply, or weither its something to do with the bios?

the system is online 24/7 as i said, is there any chance a virus can get in, and screwup the bios like this???

Igloo
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400