• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

2 problems (small folder icon and photoshop)

Started by Red Squirrel, December 10, 2002, 15:37 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Squirrel

I have two problems and they both started at the same time, so it might be related.  I can't see how though.

1) Anywhere the little folder icon is displayed, it looks very crappy.  See the picture to know what I mean

2) since the time I went and pressed something instead of CTRL+Z by accident, every single time I open photoshop I get this enoying border around the picture, it's driving me nuts!  How can I permanently get rid of it?  I checked under view and found out it's "extras" but if I remove it it only comes out for that one session!  How can I kill it for good?

Thanks

dcsun

Try saving the Photoshop settings and see if that keeps them for next time.

Red Squirrel

Don't the settings save automaticly?  If you mean saving a file with the right settings, I tried it and even if I start a new one it still shows it again.

dcsun

This is Photoshop 7, right?  Did you update it to 7.01?  There were some fixes for saving settings included as part of that.  That border and image in the corner indicates it's a slice for Image Ready, and somewhere in the view menu you can get rid of it.

Red Squirrel

No, it's only version 7.  This problem is since ever I pressed something close to CTRL+Z for undo, my figer slipped and it messed things up since then!  And I can take it out in view, but it keeps coming back.  It's under "extras".  This is more enoying then the office assistant. ;D

dcsun

There are many bug fixes in 7.01, so you should install that update and see if it saves the settings.