• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Cheap mods?

Started by the sheeep, February 29, 2004, 11:29 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

the sheeep

i just wanna know of any cheap mods people know of... like just little things to tweak the computer... best 2 dollar mod i think is just putting washers to silence fan vibrations... anyone got any other tricks?
www.2-a-d.com
...if only parents trusted kids with technology...

Wade777

knock a hole in the side of your computer for better airflow ;)
Need a custom computer?
Check out my website:
http://www.microhardcomputers.com

Chandler

I've got a sheet of foam to reduce vibration on one of the case side panels.  Total cost to me.... ?0.

I've also got a little LED which I salvaged from an old computer, which is hooked up to my Promise Ultra100TX2 card and blu-tacked (well white-tacked) inside the front of the case.  It creates an eerie glow whenever the hard drive is accessed. 8)

I've also got cables fastened back with cable ties, and a little stick-on clip inside to hold back the audio CD cables.

Mark H

Punch a blow hole into the top of the case and put a low flow fan up there to exhaust the heat that rises.

Best air flow is from the front to the back. Some believe a side fan disrupts the air flow in the case. I don't have one, so have never ran any tests to substantiate that claim.

Mark H
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

trav

Put sound activated lights all over your case 8)
CygBox | ASUS A7V400-MX| Athlon XP-2600+ (Barton core) (1900Mhz) |Gigabyte Radeon 9200SE| Onboard 6CH Sound|PC2700 400Mhz 768DDR

slaxorz

i created a blowhole on top and on the side of my antec lanboy.  If you have a 80m holesaw laying around then  cut a hole and put a fan in it.  Its best if you have a extra fan grill to put on it.

Carskick

Sell someone your outdated gfx card for a hgh price, then buy yourself a better one for the same price. The price? $0 if done right.
Athlon64 X2 3800+ Machester@2.45Ghz, 4x1GB A-DATA PC3200@204(2.5-3-3-6), XFX 8800GT, ASUS A8N5X NF4, Antec 300 case, Antec EarthWatts 650w, 640GB 16MB and 200GB 8MB 7200RPM SATA WD HDDs, NEC3540, NEC3550, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate<br />Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/Carskick

Igloo

sell your computer to a local fire station / police station, and make it as high as you want, then have fun and laugh as they pay u 2x what you paid in the first place ;D
AMD 64 4400+
2gb PC 3800 RAM
Asus a8n-Sli Premium
Nvidia 7800GT
5.1 creative Speakers
2x 250gb Maxtor S-ata drives
Windows XP Pro
32x DVD,
Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Server:

Amd Athlon xp 2400
1gb pc 2700 RAM