• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

Card Skimming

Started by scuzzy, April 03, 2009, 12:23 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

Mark H

That is why I use a credit card at the pump. The one I use is a AAA card and it shows a credit of 5% of the month's fuel purchase total on each statement. If I charge $200 on the credit card in fuel for the month of April, I then have a $10 credit on the next statement making the "real" fuel purchase price $190 instead of $200.

By using that card, I get the protection of any bogus charges being investigated before I have to pay for them. You get the same investigation protection with a debit, but it is already out of your checking account and may take a while to be put back into it.

Mark H; I would like to string thieves up with the same people that throw trash out of their automobile windows.
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

Ace

That is why I pay cash, at the little brick building in between the pumps.

Ace; I give myself credit, periodically.
Ring bells for service.

Mark H

We don't have little brick buildings between pumps, so you would have to leave your car and walk a decent distance and wait in line to pay. Plus cash doesn't save me any money like my 5% back on my credit card (which is paid off every month).

Mark H; cash is great, but a lower net price is better.
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.