• Welcome to Poasters Computer Forums.

News:

Welcome to the ARCHIVED Poasters Computer Forums (Read Only)

Main Menu

craigslist

Started by LugwidVanB, July 15, 2009, 19:03 hrs

Previous topic - Next topic

LugwidVanB

I've gotten some really good stuff cheap but you have to use common sense and make sure you check the product and the seller. I got a new sealed genuine MS xp professional install disk for $35. After I got it I saw another one for $20.

I got what appears so far to be an excellent computer for $225. A self built Asus MB, 160 gb maxtor HD, AMD Athlon 64 proc, 3500+2.22 ghz, 1 gig ram, IBM optical mouse, xp pro, Office 2003, Nvidia Geforce, D-Link wireless adapter. The thing is lightening fast.

If I wanted a laptop I'd certainly go to CL. There are a million of them with new postings by the hour.

I bought a nearly new Coach briefcase for $65. No scratches, no smudges, no visible wear or tear. I saw a similar one on ebay for $200 and at Coach's website they go for $300 to $500. This is a lovely cowhide mahogany color, soft to the touch, with Coach inserts still in it, and the Coach label on the inside. No question it is genuine.

I got 3 HP black ink cartridges for $40. I've since seen them for $10 each. They go for $30 each in walmart.

I've seen some excellent prices on Samsung LCD 19" and 22" monitors but I have a good crt so I'm going to wait bec they get better and cheaper by the week.

My 2 rules are they must give specific info about the product with pictures. And, I have to get a good feel, vibes, from them on the phone.

For excellent choices on clothes, incl suits, kitchen stuff and many other things go to Goodwill. You will be amazed at the quality of their stuff and the prices.

Tom

scuzzy

All great advice. Thanks.
Antec Performance TX640B Case | WinXP Pro SP3 & Win7 64-bit | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale LGA 775 3.16GHz Dual-Core | 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 G-Skill RAM | eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 16MB Cache | 74GB WD Raptor SATA 8MB Cache | 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA 16MB Cache | External 640GB WD Caviar SATA 32MB Cache | Sony DRU-V200S DVD/RW | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 500W | Samsung SyncMaster 2494 (24") LCD Monitor | LG Flatron W2361V (23") LCD Monitor

LugwidVanB

I should also mention that, unlike ebay, there is no long distance communication, no paypal crap, no waiting for shipping. With cl I deal with local people. We meet halfway, I inspect the product, then they get their cash.